Обсуждение: which jdk i should opt for pgsql8.2 to implement jdbc interface

which jdk i should opt for pgsql8.2 to implement jdbc interface

От
Mamoon Rashid
Дата:
hi all,
i am in urgent need of some expert suggestions regarding which jdk i
install for my
linux (EL4) , so as i write programs and applications to interact with
pgsql8.2 databse server through JDBC.
i went on
[URL=http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp]sun developers
network[/URL]
there are a lot of options-
1. JDK 6u1
2. JDK 6u1 with Java EE
3. JDK 6u1 with NetBeans 5.5.1
i am confused which one i opt.
my motto is to launch a database server using pgsql8.2 with JDBC as client
interface.could any one of u plzzz suggest what to do next.i have already
upgraded to pgsql8.2.
with regard
mamoon

Re: which jdk i should opt for pgsql8.2 to implement jdbc interface

От
Luca Ferrari
Дата:
On Monday 28 May 2007 Mamoon Rashid's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> 1. JDK 6u1

This will suffice to your purposes, I guess.

Luca

Re: which jdk i should opt for pgsql8.2 to implement jdbc interface

От
Mayuresh Nirhali
Дата:
If I understand your requirement right, you just need jdbc support for
your postgres-jdbc package.
You should be just fine with JDK 6u1. The rest will be overkill.

HTH
Mayuresh

Mamoon Rashid wrote:
> hi all,
> i am in urgent need of some expert suggestions regarding which jdk i
> install for my
> linux (EL4) , so as i write programs and applications to interact with
> pgsql8.2 databse server through JDBC.
> i went on
> [URL=http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp]sun developers
> network[/URL]
> there are a lot of options-
> 1. JDK 6u1
> 2. JDK 6u1 with Java EE
> 3. JDK 6u1 with NetBeans 5.5.1
> i am confused which one i opt.
> my motto is to launch a database server using pgsql8.2 with JDBC as client
> interface.could any one of u plzzz suggest what to do next.i have already
> upgraded to pgsql8.2.
> with regard
> mamoon

Re: which jdk i should opt for pgsql8.2 to implement jdbc interface

От
Guy Rouillier
Дата:
Mamoon Rashid wrote:
> hi all,
> i am in urgent need of some expert suggestions regarding which jdk i
> install for my
> linux (EL4) , so as i write programs and applications to interact with
> pgsql8.2 databse server through JDBC.

JDBC is implemented as part of the standard edition of the Java.  So all
you need is the base package.  All the other packages are bundles for
your convenience; for example, the NetBeans bundle comes with the
NetBeans IDE should you like that IDE to work in.

--
Guy Rouillier