Обсуждение: Small oracle to postgre project

Small oracle to postgre project

От
"James Yan"

We are looking for a postgre expert with indepth Oracle skill to help with the following project:

1) migrate all data and structure from Oracle 9i to PostgreSQL 8.3.
2) create a script to capture daily differentials on Oracle db and export the changes to PostgreSQL
3) create a script to automate the import the Oracle differential export into PostgreSQL on a daily basis
4) full documentation

Will provide both Oracle and Postgre dev box to work with, interested party please send email to james.yan@linmark.com

Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009, whichever come first.

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:18 +0800, James Yan wrote:

> Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered
> within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009,
> whichever come first.

Merry Christmas James,

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Richard Broersma
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:18 +0800, James Yan wrote:
>
>> Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered
>> within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009,
>> whichever come first.
>
> Merry Christmas James,

With that budget, I hope the work doesn't take longer than two hours. :)

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:18 +0800, James Yan wrote:
>>
>>> Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered
>>> within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009,
>>> whichever come first.
>>
>> Merry Christmas James,
>
> With that budget, I hope the work doesn't take longer than two hours. :)

I was thinking that was missing a zero.  Or two.

...Robert

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Дата:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:12:27 -0500 Robert Haas wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Richard Broersma
> <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Merry Christmas James,
> >
> > With that budget, I hope the work doesn't take longer than two hours. :)
>
> I was thinking that was missing a zero.  Or two.

Or it was per hour ;-)

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Lukas Chaplin
Дата:
Hello James,
> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:18 +0800, James Yan wrote:
>
>> Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered
>> within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009,
>> whichever come first.

what is the normal rate for a freelancing database programmer in Hong Kong?
From what I looked up, the avg. salary (for hire) is USD 50-65k/Year.
Keep in mind, freelancers charge a bit more.

If you're looking for a freelancer who shall work a week at most on the
project,
I think you need to make a (lot) higher offer, especially if you want it
done
before 2010, which is pretty tight schedule and Christmas is around.

Greetings,
Lukas

--

Lukas Chaplin
Headhunter · Manager Office Germany

Linux Lancers Deutschland
Your Job is Open.
Gutenbergplatz 2
65187 Wiesbaden
Tel: +49 (0) 611 5828900
Web: www.linux-lancers.com/de/
Email: lchaplin@linux-lancers.com
Xing: https://www.xing.com/profile/Lukas_Chaplin

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Richard Welty
Дата:
On 12/16/09 6:13 PM, Lukas Chaplin wrote:
> Hello James,
>
>> On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 23:18 +0800, James Yan wrote:
>>

>>> Job budget between USD 300 to USD 400.  However need this delivered
>>> within one week from job acceptance, or before Dec. 31, 2009,
>>> whichever come first.
>>>

> what is the normal rate for a freelancing database programmer in Hong Kong?
> > From what I looked up, the avg. salary (for hire) is USD 50-65k/Year.
> Keep in mind, freelancers charge a bit more.
>
> If you're looking for a freelancer who shall work a week at most on the
> project,
> I think you need to make a (lot) higher offer, especially if you want it
> done
> before 2010, which is pretty tight schedule and Christmas is around.

yes. i'm looking for stuff right now, but these terms are absurd, and i
wouldn't touch
this with a 10 foot pole.

richard

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От
Дата:
Oracle Migration is normally per hour basis or flat rate.  Can you provide your desired method of payment.

Thank You
Ken Martin
972-978-3468

---- Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Richard Broersma
> <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Merry Christmas James,
> >
> > With that budget, I hope the work doesn't take longer than two hours. :)
>
> I was thinking that was missing a zero.  Or two.
>
> ...Robert
>
> --

Re: Small oracle to postgre project

От