Обсуждение: postgres not in pg_shadow

postgres not in pg_shadow

От
Michele Heikkilä
Дата:
I have installed Postgres to Linux 2.2.16-22 and everything seemed to go
fine until I tried to create a new database. I get the error message "USer
no in pg_shadow". When I try createuser connected as postgres, I get the
same message.

So:

su postgres
createuser newuser

asks me the couple of questions and then tells me that user 'postgres' is
not in pg_shadow.

Any hints on this one?

Michele Heikkilä
Information technology, U of Jyväskylä, Finland

Re: postgres not in pg_shadow

Дата:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michele_Heikkil=E4?= <michele@st.jyu.fi> writes:
> I have installed Postgres to Linux 2.2.16-22 and everything seemed to go
> fine until I tried to create a new database. I get the error message "USer
> no in pg_shadow". When I try createuser connected as postgres, I get the
> same message.

What user did you run initdb as?  Apparently it wasn't "postgres" ...

            regards, tom lane