Обсуждение: install question

install question

От
tompoe
Hi:  Haven't searched the list for threads on this topic.  However, since the
install info seems to be dated, and maybe this is a good place for a quick
reminder, my question:

In the install, it says:
As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.

Well, CPAN couldn't find it.  I went to CPAN and found Mon-0.9.tar.gz, but it
"doesn't exist" when I tried to download.  So, - - - what's the present
situation?  Thanks, Tom

Re: install question

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
> In the install, it says:
> As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.
>
> Well, CPAN couldn't find it.  I went to CPAN and found Mon-0.9.tar.gz, but it
> "doesn't exist" when I tried to download.  So, - - - what's the present
> situation?  Thanks, Tom

Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
looking at?  There are two Perl modules that PostgreSQL uses, The 'native'
one, Pg.pm, v 1.8, and the DBI driver, DBD::Pg, ver 0.96, both of which
are available on CPAN.  The 'native' version is also packaged with the
main source tree and can be installed as part of the PostgreSQL source
build.

-- Brett
                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
Never use "etc." -- it makes people think there is more where there is not
or that there is not space to list it all, etc.

Re: install question

От
tompoe
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> > In the install, it says:
> > As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> > is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> > Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.

> Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
> looking at?

ANS:  I'm looking at mon-0.38.21 INSTALL.  It lists modules to download, and
then references the above quote.

There are two Perl modules that PostgreSQL uses, The 'native'
> one, Pg.pm, v 1.8, and the DBI driver, DBD::Pg, ver 0.96, both of which
> are available on CPAN.  The 'native' version is also packaged with the
> main source tree and can be installed as part of the PostgreSQL source
> build.

ANS:   Either I am moving in the wrong direction, here, or haven't come across
anything about the above Perl modules, yet.  Just started.

> -- Brett
>                    http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
> Never use "etc." -- it makes people think there is more where there is not
> or that there is not space to list it all, etc.

Re: install question

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, tompoe wrote:

> > Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
> > looking at?
>
> ANS:  I'm looking at mon-0.38.21 INSTALL.  It lists modules to download, and
> then references the above quote.

What is that?  The Mon package you saw on CPAN is a Network monitoring
package.  Is that what you are looking for?  It's version is 0.11.

-- Brett
                   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
The Fifth Rule:
    You have taken yourself too seriously.

Re: install question

От
tompoe
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, tompoe wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> > > In the install, it says:
> > > As of 0.38.0, the Perl Client module is distributed as a separate package.  It
> > > is named "Mon-*.tar.gz".  As of 4-Mar-2000, the most recent distribution is
> > > Mon-0.9.tar.gz.  Refer to that for installation instructions.
>

> > Which Perl client are you talking about and what install doc are you
> > looking at?
>
> ANS:  I'm looking at mon-0.38.21 INSTALL.  It lists modules to download, and
> then references the above quote.

Well, Brett, and everyone:  Sometimes, it's a wonder I don't blow myself up.
Wrong list, wrong question.  Sorry about that.  Tom