Обсуждение: How can I tell what port my postgreSQL server is running on?

How can I tell what port my postgreSQL server is running on?

От
"KRB"
Дата:
I didn't specify one, and it was installed as part of RedHat 7.3, so I'm guessing its 5432.

My real problem is that MS SQL 7.0 says,
Could not connect to server.
Could not connect to remote socket.

I searched the archives, and they said to
1) make sure postgreSQL is running by doing a psql <database name>
2) Make sure you specify the correct port for your server

the psql thing works fine, and I'm pretty sure the services are up, network is connected, machines can ping each other.

Thanks

Keith

Re: How can I tell what port my postgreSQL server is running on?

От
"Hano de la Rouviere"
Дата:
On the server run :

netstat -na

and see if
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5432            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN

if not
edit your postgresql.conf  in your $PGDATA directory

tcpip_socket = true

Restart your server
That should do it.

http://www.pgexplorer.com