Обсуждение: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
"Sugrue, Sean"
Дата:
I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
speed
using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope with Python, but I'm
not
not sure it's worth the time investment, given that it is not as easy to
learn
as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that show histogram and
other statistical
tools. What do you think? And what are other people using?

Sean
Product Test Engineer
Pilot production group

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Nabil Sayegh
Дата:
Am Die, 2003-05-27 um 21.07 schrieb Sugrue, Sean:
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query

This is definitely the wrong list for such a question.

--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Aarni Ruuhimäki
Дата:
Hello,

We have been using CF Pro Linux on RH-machine for about two years now. It is
very fast and powerful for all kinds of applications but has some typical
non-native features like enormous memory consumption. And the license. The
license price is not maybe too bad, considering that with a single machine
license you can manage a virtual domain server.

BR,

aarni

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:07, you wrote:
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
> speed
> using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope with Python, but I'm
> not
> not sure it's worth the time investment, given that it is not as easy to
> learn
> as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that show histogram and
> other statistical
> tools. What do you think? And what are other people using?
>
> Sean
> Product Test Engineer
> Pilot production group

Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi
KYMI.com

Pääsintie 26
45100 Kouvola

info@kymi.com / aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com

05 - 3755 035 / 050 - 4910 037
-------------------------------
Linux RedHat 7.3. / KDE 3.0
-------------------------------

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Ewald Geschwinde
Дата:
Nabil Sayegh wrote:

>Am Die, 2003-05-27 um 21.07 schrieb Sugrue, Sean:
>

>>I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
>>client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
>>

>This is definitely the wrong list for such a question.

why is this the wrong list???
it's a general question and about postgresql !!!!
did not understand your response

Depends on your need
If you want to make a big professional thing use zope. take a look at
www.plone.org

I have no experience with cold fusion so no answer.
If you want to uild your own special thing from scratch use PHP

Regards
Ewald Geschwinde

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
"Molenda, Mark P"
Дата:
Cold Fusion is a very good tool and can be used with Java / JSP / or Java
Script.
It is a very main stream tool.  If for some reason you wanted to separate
the presentation
(web page) from the backend (postgres) it could very easily be done.

It is also very easily understood by html folks without a tremendous amount
of programming experience.

From what I understand Zope is very powerful but has a substantial learning
curve.

-Mark

We have been using CF Pro Linux on RH-machine for about two years now. It is

very fast and powerful for all kinds of applications but has some typical
non-native features like enormous memory consumption. And the license. The
license price is not maybe too bad, considering that with a single machine
license you can manage a virtual domain server.

BR,

aarni

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 19:07, you wrote:
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
> speed using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope with Python,
> but I'm not
> not sure it's worth the time investment, given that it is not as easy to
> learn
> as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that show histogram and
> other statistical
> tools. What do you think? And what are other people using?
>
> Sean
> Product Test Engineer
> Pilot production group
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

Aarni Ruuhimäki
Megative Tmi
KYMI.com

Pääsintie 26
45100 Kouvola

info@kymi.com / aarni.ruuhimaki@kymi.com

05 - 3755 035 / 050 - 4910 037
-------------------------------
Linux RedHat 7.3. / KDE 3.0
-------------------------------

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
"Jorge Ramirez"
Дата:
You could use also "MASON", http://www.masonhq.com
it is like php but you use perl to develop your applications, it is so good,
hope this help you
Best Regards,
Jorge Ramirez.
http://www.chicolinux.com.mx

> >Am Die, 2003-05-27 um 21.07 schrieb Sugrue, Sean:
> >

> >>I am looking for some opinions on what to use for WEB development and
> >>client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use) along with query
> >>

> >This is definitely the wrong list for such a question.
> >

> why is this the wrong list???
> it's a general question and about postgresql !!!!
> did not understand your response
>
> Depends on your need
> If you want to make a big professional thing use zope. take a look at
> www.plone.org
>
> I have no experience with cold fusion so no answer.
> If you want to uild your own special thing from scratch use PHP
>
> Regards
> Ewald Geschwinde

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Terence Ng
Дата:
Would you consider "Webware"?  It is written in
python, and you can write what you want in python
rather than dtml in Zope.

http://webware.sourceforge.net/

 --- "Sugrue, Sean" <Sean.Sugrue@analog.com> wrote: >
> I am looking for some opinions on what to use for
> WEB development and
> client interface (i.e. functionality, ease of use)
> along with query
> speed
> using Postgresql. My colleagues are pushing zope
> with Python, but I'm
> not
> not sure it's worth the time investment, given that
> it is not as easy to
> learn
> as PHP or CF for basic functional Web pages that
> show histogram and
> other statistical
> tools. What do you think? And what are other people
> using?
>
> Sean
> Product Test Engineer
> Pilot production group

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Sean,

Or, just to confuse the issue, there is an OSS project with a web application
framework built in C++.   It's called OAS server ... google it.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: PHP vs Cold Fusion vs Zope

От
Nabil Sayegh
Дата:
Could this please be discussed in a more suited list ?
I really don't see what this has to do with postgresql.

thx