Обсуждение: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

От
"Frederic Logghe"
Дата:
Hello

I'm using Red Hat 9 in text mode (X-Windows would have a negative influence on performance). How could I make sure that PostgreSQL starts automaticaly? Now I have to load the server manualy.

I do not have a lot of experience with Linux, just the basic skills.

Frederic

Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

От
HK
Дата:
Hi,
  If what you want is to start postgreSQL on PC bootup, use chkconfig and
set the levels you want.

Regards,
HK.

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Frederic Logghe wrote:

> Hello
>

> I'm using Red Hat 9 in text mode (X-Windows would have a negative
 influence on performance). How could I make sure that PostgreSQL
starts automaticaly? Now I have to load the server manualy.

> I do not have a lot of experience with Linux, just the basic skills.
>

> Frederic

Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

От
"Eric S. Johansson"
Дата:
Frederic Logghe wrote:

> Hello
>

> I'm using Red Hat 9 in text mode (X-Windows would have a negative
> influence on performance). How could I make sure that PostgreSQL starts
> automaticaly? Now I have to load the server manualy.
>
> I do not have a lot of experience with Linux, just the basic skills.

this is on Red Hat 8 but I believe it is the same on Red Hat 9.

verify that the rc.mumble system know about postgresql.  you should try
and get something like:

[root@harvee camram_core]# chkconfig --list | grep post
postgresql      0:off 1:off   2:off     3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

to turn it on for startup at boot up:

chkconfig postgresql on

should suffice

---eric

--
Speech recognition in use.  Incorrect endings, words, and case is
closer than it appears

Re: PostgreSQL booting automaticaly

От
Devrim GUNDUZ