Обсуждение: pg_hba.conf problem

pg_hba.conf problem

От
JWDougherty
Дата:
I have run into a problem with the vanilla pg_hba.conf with 7.34.  While most
normal local operations work as they ought, I found that when attempting use
postgresqs from GRASS that an error was returned due to a problem with the
pg_hba.conf file.  The error message is:

LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 45, token "TYPE"
FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details

The problem is that line 45 reads as follows:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD

It seems to be a comment describing the datastructure that follows it.  This
is the basic pg_hba.conf that is created when initdb is run and has not been
modified in any way.

I am running grass on the same system that I am running postgresql on and
there are no networking issues that I need to resolve, or at least I don't
think so.

John

Re: pg_hba.conf problem

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
John,

> LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 45, token "TYPE"
> FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for
details

> The problem is that line 45 reads as follows:
>
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK           METHOD

My guess is that something is messed up in the file, such as a wrong line
break character.   Take a look at it in a good text editor, such as eMacs or
Vi or Kate.

Failing that, post the whole bottom section of the file.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

HTML email

От
"Derrick Betts"
Дата:
Does anyone know of a function that I can use to send HTML formatted email
from the database?  Actually I currently use pgMail, but I cannot get it to
send HTML formatted email.

Thanks,
Derrick

Re: HTML email

От
"Derrick Betts"
Дата:
When I place the HTML tags in the body of the email, I just get the tags
showing as text.  Is this what you meant?  I currently use a function to
create the concatenate the HTML and variables together, and then I pass that
string as the body of the email, but it is delivered as text.

Is there anything I should do that I am missing?

Thanks,
Derrick