Обсуждение: opening postgresql first time

opening postgresql first time

От
Robert Morgan
Дата:
Hi have just installed postgres and tried to open it using: psql
template1 postgres
and get an error ident authentication failed.

How do I open the dbms to add a user?
Can I do it from the shell?

Bob

Re: opening postgresql first time

От
joseph speigle
Дата:
Bob,

the sameuser special map is shown in the pg_hba.conf above (see its last line which says:
local all ident sameuser
)
In other words, sameuser says that the os username must match the postgres username. It is a special ident map. If it's
includedin pg_hba.conf then it will preclude ident.conf from ever being checked.

pg_ident.conf allows mapping from one user to another user, from system user to postgresql user.

try just deleting that line from pg_hba.conf and SIGHUPPing  i:)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:56:53PM +1200, Robert Morgan wrote:
> Hi have just installed postgres and tried to open it using: psql
> template1 postgres
> and get an error ident authentication failed.
>
> How do I open the dbms to add a user?
> Can I do it from the shell?
>
> Bob

joe speigle
www.sirfsup.com

Re: opening postgresql first time

От
Avi Schwartz
Дата:
I don't know if this is the best way to do it, but I become root and
then 'su postgres'.  This makes you the postgres user at which point
you can add the user.

Avi

On Apr 27, 2004, at 20:56, Robert Morgan wrote:

> Hi have just installed postgres and tried to open it using: psql
> template1 postgres
> and get an error ident authentication failed.
>
> How do I open the dbms to add a user?
> Can I do it from the shell?

Re: opening postgresql first time

От
joseph speigle
Дата:
it should be psql -d template1 postgres no?
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 01:56:53PM +1200, Robert Morgan wrote:
> Hi have just installed postgres and tried to open it using: psql
> template1 postgres
> and get an error ident authentication failed.
>
> How do I open the dbms to add a user?
> Can I do it from the shell?
>
> Bob

joe speigle