Обсуждение: error on starting server

error on starting server

От
Robert Morgan
Дата:
Hi thanks for your previous replies, I decided to remove the RH embedded
postgresql and install from source
which I have done and as far as I can tell everything is ok but when I
tried to start it I got the following...

[bob@localhost bob]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "bob".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_NZ.UTF-8.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... mkdir: cannot create
directory `/usr/local/pgsql/data': Permission denied

initdb: failed
[bob@localhost bob]$

any help appreciated.

version is postgresql-7.4.2

Bob

Re: error on starting server

От
joseph speigle
Дата:
bob,
looks like you installed into /usr/local/pgsql/
as root then as bob you are trying to install.  The quick thing to do is just check the permissions on
the place where the error comes from

:!

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 07:27:00PM +1200, Robert Morgan wrote:
> Hi thanks for your previous replies, I decided to remove the RH embedded
> postgresql and install from source
> which I have done and as far as I can tell everything is ok but when I
> tried to start it I got the following...
>
> [bob@localhost bob]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "bob".
> This user must also own the server process.
>
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_NZ.UTF-8.
>
> creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... mkdir: cannot create
> directory `/usr/local/pgsql/data': Permission denied
>
> initdb: failed
> [bob@localhost bob]$
>
> any help appreciated.
>
> version is postgresql-7.4.2