Обсуждение: How to learn Postgres?

How to learn Postgres?

От
Tomas Eroles i Forner
Дата:
Hello
I've installed Postgres last week and I plan to learn this database.

I've been using Access and other databases such as dBase (a long time
ago), for more than 10 years, but I don't know how to project my
knowdledge to Postgres.

Does anybodu has the same problem?
Does any know any document, book or url where find some information
about how to learn the psql concepts from another database system?

Thanks in advance (and excuse my english).

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Re: How to learn Postgres?

От
Terry Lee Tucker
Дата:
Try PostgreSQL Developer's Handbook, ISBN: 0-672-32260-9.

On Monday 31 January 2005 01:45 pm, Tomas Eroles i Forner saith:
> Hello
> I've installed Postgres last week and I plan to learn this database.
>
> I've been using Access and other databases such as dBase (a long time
> ago), for more than 10 years, but I don't know how to project my
> knowdledge to Postgres.
>
> Does anybodu has the same problem?
> Does any know any document, book or url where find some information
> about how to learn the psql concepts from another database system?
>
> Thanks in advance (and excuse my english).
>
> --
> In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Re: How to learn Postgres?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 07:45:00PM +0100, Tomas Eroles i Forner wrote:

> I've been using Access and other databases such as dBase (a long time
> ago), for more than 10 years, but I don't know how to project my
> knowdledge to Postgres.
>
> Does anybodu has the same problem?
> Does any know any document, book or url where find some information
> about how to learn the psql concepts from another database system?

The Tutorial in the PostgreSQL documentation would be a good place
to start.  Then read or at least skim the rest of the documentation.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/