Обсуждение: Installation tool

Installation tool

От
Bruce Rowe
Дата:
This forum said, "No question is too simple." So here goes.

We are a software company moving from a Foxpro back end. Postgres seems to
be the one to go with. We are having some trouble getting our first
database created.

We are using Suse Linux 9.1. Postgres comes with it and we have the demon
running. Rekal comes with Suse, but it requires a database to already be
created.

I would like to know if there are any tools for Postgres similar to Navicat
to get things started. Commercial tools are just fine. I don't mind paying
people for their work.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thinks in advance,

Bruce
bruce@centerstage.com

Re: Installation tool

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Feb 3, 2005, at 3:42 PM, Bruce Rowe wrote:

> We are using Suse Linux 9.1. Postgres comes with it and we have the
> demon running. Rekal comes with Suse, but it requires a database to
> already be created.
>
> I would like to know if there are any tools for Postgres similar to
> Navicat to get things started. Commercial tools are just fine. I don't
> mind paying people for their work.

A list of different tools can be found here:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools

The server appears to be down now, but you can try the link from the
google cache:

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:e5F-B1NqQGYJ:
techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/GUITools+postgresql+gui+tools&hl=en

I think pgAdmin III can create databases easily. Or if you just need a
database to get started with Rekal, why not just use the createdb
utility to get things started? See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/app-createdb.html

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/