Обсуждение: Transposing a table

Transposing a table

От
ravi shankar
Дата:
HI all...This is very urgent ......How cab I transpose a table in
postgresql...does it have any buit in SQl feature or functions ...Plz
help in this regard....
Regards
Ravi Shankar

Re: Transposing a table

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
This seems like a relatively straightforward thing to do in pl/perl,
though I don't have time to write code right now.  Also, I think this
could be done easily with pl/R, as R has a transpose command.  Of
course, if you want to store it back into the database, there will be
some table creation issues.

However, how big is your table?  How many times are you going to do
this operation?  Could this be done on the client side or even use
Excel or something like that to do the transpose?

Sean

On Feb 24, 2005, at 12:54 AM, ravi shankar wrote:

> HI all...This is very urgent ......How cab I transpose a table in
> postgresql...does it have any buit in SQl feature or functions ...Plz
> help in this regard....
> Regards
> Ravi Shankar

Re: Transposing a table

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
At 12:54 AM 2/24/05, ravi shankar wrote:
>HI all...This is very urgent ......How cab I transpose a table in
>postgresql...does it have any buit in SQl feature or functions ...Plz
>help in this regard....

Re: Transposing a table

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 11:24:34 +0530,
  ravi shankar <ravi2082@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI all...This is very urgent ......How cab I transpose a table in
> postgresql...does it have any buit in SQl feature or functions ...Plz
> help in this regard....
> Regards
> Ravi Shankar

You aren't very clear about what you are looking for, but the crosstab
functions in the tablefunc contrib module might be what you are looking for.