Обсуждение: alter table, placing the new column after the id

alter table, placing the new column after the id

От
"Zouari Fourat"
Дата:
Hello,
When trying to alter my table to add a column, it will be added at the
end of the table, i want to get my column after a given column name,
for example get my table like this :

ID
firstname
lastname
<---    my new added column here
adrress
country
<---    not here !

how to get it ?

Re: alter table, placing the new column after the id

От
Sean Davis
Дата:
You can't, I don't think.  You could copy the old table to a new table using

 insert into .... Select ....

And then rename the new table to the old.  Alternatively, you could specify
a view with the columns in the correct order.

Sean