Обсуждение: noob trying to use PG with Zope

noob trying to use PG with Zope

От
"Programmer"
Дата:
HI,

I am trying to learn PostgreSQL for use with Zope. I have Zope 2.9.6, PostgreSQL 8.2 on XP with the Psycopg2 adapter. I had no real problems getting it setup and it is working ok. When I go to the database connection in Zope and test it with SELECT version() I get the correct output.
Once it appeared to be working I created a table and added a few rows to it in psql. Then for the role being used by my Zope connection I did a GRANT ALL for the new table.

Problem is I get a permission denied error anytime I try to run a SELECT on the table. I've been going through the documentation for hours now with no joy. I suspect the problem is my lack of experience with PostgreSQL. Can anybody offer some advice on this problem?

Thanks!

M. A. Ruberto (Programmer)
Every piece of knowledge must have a single, unambiguous, authoritative representation within a system.

Re: noob trying to use PG with Zope

Дата:
"Programmer" <programmer@paradigm-corp.com> writes:
> Once it appeared to be working I created a table and added a few rows to
> it in psql. Then for the role being used by my Zope connection I did a
> GRANT ALL for the new table.
>
> Problem is I get a permission denied error anytime I try to run a SELECT
> on the table.

The problem is doubtless hidden in the details you didn't mention :-(.
What exactly was the GRANT command you issued?  What exactly is the
error message you get?

            regards, tom lane