Обсуждение: Ocaml as a Postgresql Procedural Language?

Ocaml as a Postgresql Procedural Language?

От
Brian Hurt
Дата:
I thought I saw somewhere a project to use Ocaml as a Procedural
Language in Postgresql (so that you can write triggers and stored
procedures in Ocaml), but I can't find this project at the moment.  Does
anyone know what happened to it, and wether the code is available
anywhere?  Thanks.

Brian

how to retrieve table definition

От
Raimon Fernandez
Дата:
Hi,

In sqlite with SELECT * FROM sqlite_master WHERE table='a' I can
obtain the complete CREATE TABLE ... commands,

Wich is the equivalent in PostgeSQL ? I've been trying
information_schema.tables without success ...

thanks!

raimon fernandez

for example:

for table 'comptes' I want to retrieve this:

create table public.comptes( "codi_empresa" char(2) not null ,
"codi_compte" varchar not null , "comptes" varchar not null , "tipus"
char(2) not null , "clau_compte" char(13) not null , "saldo_deure"
numeric(12,2) not null , "saldo_haver" numeric(12,2) not null ,
"nivell" int2 not null , "saldo" numeric(12,2) not null ,
"ultim_moviment" date not null , "codi_437" int2 not null
)
  WITH OIDS;
ALTER table "public"."comptes" OWNER TO "postgres";
ALTER table "public"."comptes" SET WITHOUT CLUSTER;
alter table "public"."comptes" add primary key(clau_compte);
create index "clau_compte1" on "public"."comptes" using btree
(clau_compte) ;
create index "comptes1" on "public"."comptes" using btree(comptes) ;
create index "nivell" on "public"."comptes" using btree(nivell) ;

Re: how to retrieve table definition

От
"Programmer"
This works fine:

SELECT COLUMN_NAME,
CHARACTER_MAXIMUM_LENGTH,
DATA_TYPE
FROM information_schema.columns
WHERE TABLE_NAME =

Hope it helps

Mike

[...]

Re: Ocaml as a Postgresql Procedural Language?

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
bhurt@janestcapital.com (Brian Hurt) writes:
> I thought I saw somewhere a project to use Ocaml as a Procedural
> Language in Postgresql (so that you can write triggers and stored
> procedures in Ocaml), but I can't find this project at the moment.
> Does anyone know what happened to it, and wether the code is available
> anywhere?  Thanks.

What comes to mind is the pl/mono project:
 <http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/plmono/projdisplay.php>

This would allow deploying stored functions written in F#, which is a
language very similar to OCaml that runs on .NET...
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxxian.html