Обсуждение: Vista Security

Vista Security

От
Dale Seaburg
Дата:
I am attempting to install 8,2,4 on a Vista PC.  I get to the point
in the installation, where files have been copied and the installer
attempts to create the postgres user.  It fails with "Access Denied"
message.  I am a user with administrator privileges doing the
install.  What am I missing (other than having to deal with
aggravating Vista)?

Dale Seaburg

Re: Vista Security

От
"Phillip Smith"
Дата:

A Linux server? ;-)

Are you the actual Administrator or a user account that is an Administrator?
I'm not real crash hot with Windows, but maybe there's another group you
need to belong to if you're a user with Admin rights? (ie, Power Users,
Backup etc... I can't remember what other strange ones MS came up with)

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - Save paper if you don't really need to print this

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments
e-mail.

Re: Vista Security

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Mon, dem 03.12.2007, um 14:29:04 -0600 mailte Dale Seaburg folgendes:
> I am attempting to install 8,2,4 on a Vista PC.  I get to the point
> in the installation, where files have been copied and the installer
> attempts to create the postgres user.  It fails with "Access Denied"
> message.  I am a user with administrator privileges doing the
> install.  What am I missing (other than having to deal with
> aggravating Vista)?

Use a better OS ;-)

I'm not familiar with Windoze, but i heard, it is necessary to disable
UAC on Vista to install PG.
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

Re: Vista Security

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Tue, dem 04.12.2007, um  7:31:34 -0600 mailte Dale Seaburg folgendes:
> Thank you, Andreas,  Yes, that was the secret.  For whatever reason,
> when I first attempted to turn off UAC, it didn't work, and that had

Please, answer to the list and not privat to me - maybe other people
have the same problems and when they search the archive they can't see
that my answer was okay for you.

> On Dec 3, 2007, at 11:57 PM, A. Kretschmer wrote:
>
> >am  Mon, dem 03.12.2007, um 14:29:04 -0600 mailte Dale Seaburg
> >folgendes:
> >>I am attempting to install 8,2,4 on a Vista PC.  I get to the point
> >>in the installation, where files have been copied and the installer
> >>attempts to create the postgres user.  It fails with "Access Denied"
> >>message.  I am a user with administrator privileges doing the
> >>install.  What am I missing (other than having to deal with
> >>aggravating Vista)?

And, additionally, don't answer on the top with fullquote below. This is
hard to read/understand for other people.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer