Обсуждение: Driver updates for 7.1

Driver updates for 7.1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Unfortunately my understanding of the ODBC drivers internals is not such
that I'm confident to do these mods myself (or my C for that matter!), but
I've noticed a couple of things that probably should be updated for 7.1:

1) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_ROW_SIZE returns BLKSZ which is defined as 4096. With
Toast in 7.1 presumably this is now incorrect?

2) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_STATEMENT_LEN currently returns MAX_QUERY_SIZE which
is defined as 2* BLKSZ. Again, incorrect for 7.1 (and 7.0.x if I remember
correctly)?

3) SQLGetInfo SQL_OUTER_JOINS currently returns 'N'. Should be 'Y' for 7.1?
As the driver now claims to conform to ODBC v2.50, does SQLGetInfo
SQL_OJ_CAPABILITIES also need to be implemented?

Also, what with these and other recent updates such as referential integrity
violation reporting, not to mention the recent confusion on the interfaces
list as to what is the most up-to-date driver, perhaps the version number
should be updated in psqlodbc.rc *and* psqlodbc.h.

Regards,

Dave.

Re: Driver updates for 7.1

От
"Adam Lang"
Дата:
OT

Good to know someone else migrated to the list... was starting to think I
was alone.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com
> Unfortunately my understanding of the ODBC drivers internals is not such
> that I'm confident to do these mods myself (or my C for that matter!), but
> I've noticed a couple of things that probably should be updated for 7.1:
>
> 1) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_ROW_SIZE returns BLKSZ which is defined as 4096.
With
> Toast in 7.1 presumably this is now incorrect?
>
> 2) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_STATEMENT_LEN currently returns MAX_QUERY_SIZE which
> is defined as 2* BLKSZ. Again, incorrect for 7.1 (and 7.0.x if I remember
> correctly)?
>
> 3) SQLGetInfo SQL_OUTER_JOINS currently returns 'N'. Should be 'Y' for
7.1?
> As the driver now claims to conform to ODBC v2.50, does SQLGetInfo
> SQL_OJ_CAPABILITIES also need to be implemented?
>
> Also, what with these and other recent updates such as referential
integrity
> violation reporting, not to mention the recent confusion on the interfaces
> list as to what is the most up-to-date driver, perhaps the version number
> should be updated in psqlodbc.rc *and* psqlodbc.h.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

RE: Driver updates for 7.1

От
Dave Page

Yeah, me too. It does make me wonder if I need to post to interfaces to
enure that messages get seen, or stay away from interfaces in the hope that
more people will follow!

RE: Driver updates for 7.1

От
Cedar Cox
Дата:
On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

If it makes you feel any better, I'm here too ;)

Re: RE: Driver updates for 7.1

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
IMHO, if ppl were to answer questions on -interfaces by redirecting ppl to
the proper lists, the original author would "get the idea" and follow his
message ...

Basically, reply, get rid of pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org, change it to
pgsql-{jdbc,odbc}@postgresql.org, include the original author it in and
respond that way ...

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Dave Page wrote:

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: RE: Driver updates for 7.1

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I would post to JDBC with a blind CC to interfaces, mentioning the jdbc
list.

Re: Driver updates for 7.1

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
Dave, did you fix all of these?

> Unfortunately my understanding of the ODBC drivers internals is not such
> that I'm confident to do these mods myself (or my C for that matter!), but
> I've noticed a couple of things that probably should be updated for 7.1:
>
> 1) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_ROW_SIZE returns BLKSZ which is defined as 4096. With
> Toast in 7.1 presumably this is now incorrect?
>
> 2) SQLGetInfo SQL_MAX_STATEMENT_LEN currently returns MAX_QUERY_SIZE which
> is defined as 2* BLKSZ. Again, incorrect for 7.1 (and 7.0.x if I remember
> correctly)?
>
> 3) SQLGetInfo SQL_OUTER_JOINS currently returns 'N'. Should be 'Y' for 7.1?
> As the driver now claims to conform to ODBC v2.50, does SQLGetInfo
> SQL_OJ_CAPABILITIES also need to be implemented?
>
> Also, what with these and other recent updates such as referential integrity
> violation reporting, not to mention the recent confusion on the interfaces
> list as to what is the most up-to-date driver, perhaps the version number
> should be updated in psqlodbc.rc *and* psqlodbc.h.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave.

RE: Driver updates for 7.1

От
Dave Page

If you apply all three patches I submitted yesterday then yes, including
SQL_OJ_CAPABILITIES. There is still a restriction on query size though as
MAX_MESSAGE_LEN is used to define the message buffer length in a number of
places. I've increased it from 8192 to 65536 which should be big enough for
most people (i'd have thought), but I think a fair bit of work, beyond my
expertise would be required to remove the limit completely.

Regards,

Dave.