Обсуждение: Error trying to install ODBC driver

Error trying to install ODBC driver

От
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Дата:
I downloaded the driver zip from odbc.postgresql.org (07_02_0002)
When trying to install, I get the following message:
Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver: PostgreSQL, ODBC error 0:. Verify
that the file PostgreSQL exists and that you can access it.
It happens for both .exe and .msi
What should I do?
Thank you all.
Mihai Gheorghiu

Re: Error trying to install ODBC driver

От
"Dave Page"

Are you installing from your C: drive?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Error trying to install ODBC driver

От
"Mihai Gheorghiu"
Дата:
Yes; I downloaded the zips and un-zipped them in My Documents.

> I downloaded the driver zip from odbc.postgresql.org
> (07_02_0002) When trying to install, I get the following
> message: Error 1918. Error installing ODBC driver:
> PostgreSQL, ODBC error 0:. Verify that the file PostgreSQL
> exists and that you can access it. It happens for both .exe
> and .msi What should I do? Thank you all. Mihai Gheorghiu

Are you installing from your C: drive?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Error trying to install ODBC driver

От
"Dave Page"

The quick fix is download the dll version, copy the dlls to
C:\Winnt\System32 or whereever depending on your version of Windows,
then double click the included .reg files to register the driver.

If you can though, I wouldn't mind seeing an install log. You can
generate one with a command like:

msiexec /i C:\Path\To\psqlodbc.msi /l* c:\psqlodbc_install.log

Regards, Dave.

Re: Error trying to install ODBC driver

От
"Dave Page"

Hmm, I notice from Google that we had this conversation before:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=000c
01c11b5e%2450ea6960%246e646464%40New6.Travel&rnum=8&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%
2522Error%2B1918.%2BError%2Binstalling%2BODBC%2Bdriver%253A%2522%26ie%3D
UTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den

From what I can tell, this error normally occurs if something has
corrupted your MDAC/Jet installation. You might try re-installing them
(get the latest versions from www.microsoft.com/data), or just install
manually as I suggested.

Regards, Dave.