Обсуждение: how to compile the odbc source?

how to compile the odbc source?

От
MarkRenton@t-online.de (Mark Renton)
Дата:
hi all,
can somebody tell me, how to create a odbc interface? I tried to compile the odbc source, but a got the following
error:
'psqlodbc.rc' can't be created.

I find out, that the source of win32.mak needs the 'psqlodbc.res' file, but the zipped file does no contained the file!
Where I can find or do I need the file?

can somebody help me?!?

thx

rens

Re: how to compile the odbc source?

От
"Greg Campbell"
Дата:
Trying not to overlook the obvious -- you want to compile the ODBC
driver for Windows? Why don't you just download the binary version (zip)
and install from pgODBC.exe.

Mark Renton wrote:

> hi all,
> can somebody tell me, how to create a odbc interface? I tried to compile the odbc source, but a got the following
error:
> 'psqlodbc.rc' can't be created.
>
> I find out, that the source of win32.mak needs the 'psqlodbc.res' file, but the zipped file does no contained the
file!
> Where I can find or do I need the file?
>
> can somebody help me?!?
>
> thx
>
> rens

> This email and all files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
> are receiving this email in error please notify the
> system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this message
> has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

This email and all files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
are receiving this email in error please notify the
system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this message
has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: how to compile the odbc source?

От
"Relaxin"
Дата:
Maybe because the binaries have problems that no will answer to in this
newsgroup.

So, you are only left with fixing them yourself.

""Greg Campbell"" <greg.campbell@us.michelin.com> wrote in message
> Trying not to overlook the obvious -- you want to compile the ODBC
> driver for Windows? Why don't you just download the binary version (zip)
> and install from pgODBC.exe.
>
> Mark Renton wrote:
> >
> > hi all,
> > can somebody tell me, how to create a odbc interface? I tried to compile
the odbc source, but a got the following error:
> > 'psqlodbc.rc' can't be created.
> >
> > I find out, that the source of win32.mak needs the 'psqlodbc.res' file,
but the zipped file does no contained the file!
> > Where I can find or do I need the file?
> >
> > can somebody help me?!?
> >
> > thx
> >
> > rens

> > TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
> >
> > ***************************************************************
> > This email and all files transmitted with it are
> > confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> > individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
> > are receiving this email in error please notify the
> > system manager.
> >
> > This footnote also confirms that this message
> > has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
> > ***************************************************************

> This email and all files transmitted with it are
> confidential and intended solely for the use of the
> individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
> are receiving this email in error please notify the
> system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this message
> has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: how to compile the odbc source?

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
--- Relaxin <noname@spam.com> wrote:
> Maybe because the binaries have problems that no
> will answer to in this
> newsgroup.
>
> So, you are only left with fixing them yourself.

Hiroshi generally keeps an up-to-date .dll on his site
(i.e. based on the latest CVS).  Why not try that, if
you haven't already:

http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/

majordomo@postgresql.org)

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

Re: how to compile the odbc source?

От
"Relaxin"
Дата:
I've been to that site more than my own Home Page, I got move on, I can't
wait any longer.

I understand that this is done on a voluntary bases, so if you need things
fixed in a hurry (or fixed at all ), you have to get off your butt and do
them yourself...and that's what I have done.