Обсуждение: Invisible tables in Access 2000

Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Andreas
Дата:
Hi,

I've got a windows 2000 box where I installed PG 8.1 today.
Actually I installed pgsqlODBC 8.1.1 before and PG 8.1 on a OpenSuSE
10.0 notebook but later I droped pgsqlODBC 8.1.1 on my desktop and
installed PG 8.1 here too, because I thought the ODBC that comes with it
would work more harmonic.

Now I can't see my own tables when I try to link them manually via
dialog into Access 2000 wheras the PG system tables are visible and I
can link them.
Linking my own tables by VBA code works though.

StarOffice 8.0 on the contrary can only "see" my tables.
So it shouldn't be a DSN problem.

This issue emerged when I swiched from PG 8.0.x or it's generation of
ODBC drivers to the newer versions.

Any idea what could cause this ?

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Secrétariat
Дата:
Hello !

I've the same problem, I can't link PostgreSQL 8.1.0 tables in an
Access 2000 database using psqlODBC 8.01.0100
I uninstall this driver and I install psqlODBC 8.00.102
now all is working !
I test on a Windows XP Pro box with Access 2000 and psqlODBC 8.01.0100
without any problem !?
This problem seems specific to Windows 2000 Pro...

> I've got a windows 2000 box where I installed PG 8.1 today.
> Actually I installed pgsqlODBC 8.1.1 before and PG 8.1 on a OpenSuSE
> 10.0 notebook but later I droped pgsqlODBC 8.1.1 on my desktop and
> installed PG 8.1 here too, because I thought the ODBC that comes with it
> would work more harmonic.
>
> Now I can't see my own tables when I try to link them manually via
> dialog into Access 2000 wheras the PG system tables are visible and I
> can link them.
> Linking my own tables by VBA code works though.
>
> StarOffice 8.0 on the contrary can only "see" my tables.
> So it shouldn't be a DSN problem.
>
> This issue emerged when I swiched from PG 8.0.x or it's generation of
> ODBC drivers to the newer versions.
>
> Any idea what could cause this ?

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Andreas
Дата:
Secrétariat wrote:

ca va :)

>I've the same problem, I can't link PostgreSQL 8.1.0 tables in an
>Access 2000 database using psqlODBC 8.01.0100

Well, you could link them with a few lines of VBA even with 8.01.0100.
It's no big deal just inconvenient in some occasions.

>I test on a Windows XP Pro box with Access 2000 and psqlODBC 8.01.0100
>without any problem !?
>This problem seems specific to Windows 2000 Pro...

But it seems to affect only (?) Access 2000 on Windows 2000. At least
StarOffice isn't bothered with THIS issue, though.

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
"Dave Page"

I can't speak for Access, but there's nothing in the ODBC driver that I can think of that should be 2000/XP sensitive.
TheSQLTables code hasn't changed that I can recall either between the versions you mention.

Can you send me a mylog from 2K showing an attempt to list the tables in Access please?

Regards, Dave

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
"Dave Page"

Judging by the fact that there are 101 tables/views in a fresh 8.1
database, I suspect this might well be caused by the declare/fetch bug
which affects record sets larger than the cache size (which defaults to
100). On 8.0, the number of tables and views is lower, leaving room for
some of theuser objects to be returned.

Please try 08.01.0101 which I just uploaded to the ftp site.

Regards, Dave

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Claus Scherschel
Дата:
Dave Page schrieb am 11.11.2005 11:12:

> Please try 08.01.0101 which I just uploaded to the ftp site.

Yep, it's done with that.

Regards, Claus.

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Claus Scherschel
Дата:
Dave Page schrieb am 10.11.2005 09:25 in pgsql.interfaces.odbc:

> I can't speak for Access, but there's nothing in the ODBC driver that
> I can think of that should be 2000/XP sensitive. The SQLTables code
> hasn't changed that I can recall either between the versions you
> mention.

I'm using WinXP/SP2 and A2K and I do have that problem. And it seems to
be a problem with Access: I've tested with A97 and AXP additionally and
none would do. Excel (version 2000) can see and link the tables through
ODBC. Funny, isn't it?

Regards, Claus.

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
"Dave Page"
> > Please try 08.01.0101 which I just uploaded to the ftp site.

> Yep, it's done with that.

Done as in working correctly?

Regards, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----
Dave Page schrieb am 11.11.2005 11:12:

> Please try 08.01.0101 which I just uploaded to the ftp site.

Yep, it's done with that.

Regards, Claus.

Re: Invisible tables in Access 2000

От
Claus Scherschel
Дата:
Dave Page schrieb am 14.11.2005 20:49:

>>Yep, it's done with that.
>

> Done as in working correctly?

Yes, that's what I meant. I was relating to the issue with ODBC-driver
showing only one of many non-system schemata (schemas?) when trying to
link Postgres tables into Microsoft Access. Now, with the new release of
the ODBC driver, all non-system schemata are shown in alphabetical order.

May I ask what the problem was? In [ODBC] you mentioned a declare/fetch
bug. Why did this affect MS Access but not MS Excel or Word - or similar
office products as other people reported?

Kind regards,
Claus.