Обсуждение: form response

form response

От
"Warren Massengill"
In:
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
         (appears as above plus an entry for each of php2,3,&4)
     LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
     LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so

These were all uncommented in the generic installation of RedHat 7.2.
Where else can I look?

I can create forms in php and tables in PostgreSQL but according to
phpinfo(), php is not configured for PostgreSQL.
If I survive this problem, that one is on the horizon.

Thanks,
Warren

    Keary Suska <hierophant@pcisys.net>
                  Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:43:12 -0600

on 9/18/02 5:17 PM, warrenmassengill@hotmail.com purportedly said:

>RedHat 7.2 RPM with PostgreSQL 7.1.x and PHP 4.0.6
>
>Page 111 of PHP and PostgreSQL, this form displays in Mozilla. The submit
>button is expected to run a script called reaction.php but it opens the
>script and displays the code. The response is the same with or without
>variable input.
>
>I changed the script file to executable:  no effect.
>
>I can run 'reaction.php' from the shell and it works.
>What is the problem here?

Apache is not configured properly to recognize the .php extension. Look at
the installation instructions for the AddType directives you must have.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

---------------------------------
form
     A Simple Form
     <form action="reaction.php" method="post">
          <input type="submit" name="submitbutton">
     </form>

-------------
Reaction.php
Reaction.php

<?php
     if     ($field_1)
     {
            echo "field_1: $field_1";
     }
     else
     {
            echo "nothing has been passed to this script";
     }
?>
----------------------
run as stand alone php

bash-2.05$ php < reaction.php
nothing has been passed to this script

Re: form response

От
Keary Suska
Дата:
on 9/19/02 5:52 PM, warrenmassengill@hotmail.com purportedly said:

> In:
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> (appears as above plus an entry for each of php2,3,&4)
> LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
> LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
>
> These were all uncommented in the generic installation of RedHat 7.2.
> Where else can I look?
>
> I can create forms in php and tables in PostgreSQL but according to
> phpinfo(), php is not configured for PostgreSQL.
> If I survive this problem, that one is on the horizon.

Hmm, if the above directives appear in your conf in that order I think that
is the problem. I am surprised that Apache isn't croaking with an error,
since the module may need to be loaded before Apache understands what to do
with x-httpd-php. That may not truly be the case, but it does seem suspect.
What happens when you move the AddType to below the AddModule? Do the Apache
error logs have anything to say? Do these directives appear in a context
(such as <Directory>? How are you accessing phpinfo() if PHP scripts don't
execute? Are you *sure* you built PHP as a module and *not* as a cgi?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Re: form response

От
"Warren Massengill"

>From: Keary Suska <hierophant@pcisys.net>
>To: Postgres-PHP <pgsql-php@postgresql.org>
>Subject: Re: [PHP] form response
>Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:59:14 -0600
>
>on 9/19/02 5:52 PM, warrenmassengill@hotmail.com purportedly said:
>
> > In:
> > /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > (appears as above plus an entry for each of php2,3,&4)
> > LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
> > LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
> >
> > These were all uncommented in the generic installation of RedHat 7.2.
> > Where else can I look?
> >
> > I can create forms in php and tables in PostgreSQL but according to
> > phpinfo(), php is not configured for PostgreSQL.
> > If I survive this problem, that one is on the horizon.
>
>Hmm, if the above directives appear in your conf in that order I think that
>is the problem. I am surprised that Apache isn't croaking with an error,
>since the module may need to be loaded before Apache understands what to do
>with x-httpd-php. That may not truly be the case, but it does seem suspect.
>What happens when you move the AddType to below the AddModule?

No, I reversed the sequence. These directives are at the very bottom,
under the caption 'Document Type' in 'Section 2 - Main Server Environment'.

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
</IfModule>

'Section 1 - Global Environment' contains the modules under the caption
'Dynamic Shared Object'

Do the Apache
>error logs have anything to say?

They reflect my manually stopping and restarting Apache - and do indicate
that PHP is running.

Do these directives appear in a context
>(such as <Directory>?

Yes. See above.

How are you accessing phpinfo() if PHP scripts don't
>execute?

That is strange! I cannot access phpinfo() inside a php file
(not from Mozilla nor from a terminal window) but I did run it
directly from inside Mozilla - not sure how, now. Remember, Mozilla
runs the PHP form script and produces the form. It only breaks down
when I try to call a PHP script from inside another script.

>Are you *sure* you built PHP as a module and *not* as a cgi?

No. I did not build PHP at all. I did not even select it. RedHat
just included it with Apache.

Thanks,
Warren

>Keary Suska
>Esoteritech, Inc.
>"Leveraging Open Source for a better Internet"
>

>---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------

Re: form response

От
Chadwick Rolfs
Дата:
Sorry if this is repeating info you have already posted, but how about
php.ini?  Is the pgsql.so extension in there?  That's the important part.

You can have php/apache/postgresql, but it seems like your problem is with
php/postgresql, not php/apache.  If phpinfo works, then it's definitley
not apache.

This is what's at the very end of my php.ini file:

extension=pgsql.so

It was added by Debian, but you can do it manually:)  If you are sure you
have the pgsql extension (which you may need to download seperately), and
have this line in php.ini, and restart apache.  Then we may have a
problem.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Warren Massengill wrote:

> >From: Keary Suska <hierophant@pcisys.net>
> >To: Postgres-PHP <pgsql-php@postgresql.org>
> >Subject: Re: [PHP] form response
> >Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:59:14 -0600
> >
> >on 9/19/02 5:52 PM, warrenmassengill@hotmail.com purportedly said:
> >
> > > In:
> > > /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
> > > AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> > > (appears as above plus an entry for each of php2,3,&4)
> > > LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
> > > LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so
> > >
> > > These were all uncommented in the generic installation of RedHat 7.2.
> > > Where else can I look?
> > >
> > > I can create forms in php and tables in PostgreSQL but according to
> > > phpinfo(), php is not configured for PostgreSQL.
> > > If I survive this problem, that one is on the horizon.
> >
> >Hmm, if the above directives appear in your conf in that order I think that
> >is the problem. I am surprised that Apache isn't croaking with an error,
> >since the module may need to be loaded before Apache understands what to do
> >with x-httpd-php. That may not truly be the case, but it does seem suspect.
> >What happens when you move the AddType to below the AddModule?
>
> No, I reversed the sequence. These directives are at the very bottom,
> under the caption 'Document Type' in 'Section 2 - Main Server Environment'.
>
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
>    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
>    AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> </IfModule>
>
> 'Section 1 - Global Environment' contains the modules under the caption
> 'Dynamic Shared Object'
>
> Do the Apache
> >error logs have anything to say?
>
> They reflect my manually stopping and restarting Apache - and do indicate
> that PHP is running.
>
> Do these directives appear in a context
> >(such as <Directory>?
>
> Yes. See above.
>
> How are you accessing phpinfo() if PHP scripts don't
> >execute?
>
> That is strange! I cannot access phpinfo() inside a php file
> (not from Mozilla nor from a terminal window) but I did run it
> directly from inside Mozilla - not sure how, now. Remember, Mozilla
> runs the PHP form script and produces the form. It only breaks down
> when I try to call a PHP script from inside another script.
>
> >Are you *sure* you built PHP as a module and *not* as a cgi?
>
> No. I did not build PHP at all. I did not even select it. RedHat
> just included it with Apache.

-Chadwick

Re: form response

От
Keary Suska
Дата:
on 9/20/02 8:28 AM, warrenmassengill@hotmail.com purportedly said:

> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3 .phtml
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> </IfModule>

How about removing the IfModule? Also, you should check to make sure that
the PHP module is where the conf thinks it is, and remove the duplicate
LoadModule (keeping whichever is accurate) from:

> > LoadModule php4_module        modules/libphp4.so
> > LoadModule php_module         modules/mod_php.so

If they both exist, there is possibly a conflict. Only PHP3 used
"mod_php.so", IIRC.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.