Обсуждение: undefined query!!!!!

undefined query!!!!!

От
"James Cooper"

dear all

I've subscribed in the hope of a simple answer to my dilemma.
I run a dev box(mandrake) with php4 and postgres fine
I just added postgres support using apt-get on my debian production box
after restarting apache I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_query()
when I try to query?

this was added to my php.ini
extension=pgsql.so

and I checked it exists
can anyone help?
have i given enough info

James

Re: undefined query!!!!!

От
Francesco Piccinini
Дата:
Has PHP been compiled with postgres support ?

Bye, Francesco

jim@luckydigital.com wrote:

dear all

I've subscribed in the hope of a simple answer to my dilemma.
I run a dev box(mandrake) with php4 and postgres fine
I just added postgres support using apt-get on my debian production box
after restarting apache I get this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_query()
when I try to query?

this was added to my php.ini
extension=pgsql.so

and I checked it exists
can anyone help?
have i given enough info

James

Re: undefined query!!!!!

От
brew@theMode.com
Дата:
James......

> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_query()
> when I try to query?

I think you need another package, too, possibly php4-pgsql, which contains
the php functions for postgreSQL.

apt-get install php4-pgsql

Be assured that I'm running postgreSQL, apache and php4 using off the
shelf packages in Debian (stable version) on my development laptop and it
works fine.  If you really get stuck I can check exactly what packages
I've loaded, but I think you've almost got it running.

You can check that postgreSQL support (plus lots of other information
about your php) with phpinfo.

<?php
phpinfo();
?>