Обсуждение: postgres, php and osx(panther)

postgres, php and osx(panther)

От
Дата:
i'm trying to get pgsql and php to work on panther.
i need to know if i need to compile php for postgresql?

when i read documentation it seems like the ability ti already configured.

from the php_install documentation
The PHP module for the Apache web server included in Mac OS X. This
version includes support for the MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.

i've followed the instruction on installing php.
 i know apache works.
php works.  i get the phpinfo call to return results
postgres works.  i have created a database and tables, i just don't gre
php and postgres to work together.  i'm looking for someone who has this
working who can help me out.

thanks.

reiner

Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)

От
"Gary Hoffman"
Дата:
Reiner,

If you put this command in a .php document, such as test.php, it will
disclose all the modules compiled into PHP:
<?php phpinfo() ?>

Should you find that your PHP installation does not have support for
PostgreSQL, consider downloading and installing a specially compiled
versions of PHP for MacOS X. Aaron Faby has a great module at
http://www.serverlogistics.com/php4.php

I have this combo working well on my XServe running Panther. It can work
for you.

Best,
Gary

<zedaardv@drizzle.com> writes:
>i'm trying to get pgsql and php to work on panther.
>i need to know if i need to compile php for postgresql?
>
>when i read documentation it seems like the ability ti already configured.
>
>from the php_install documentation
>The PHP module for the Apache web server included in Mac OS X. This
>version includes support for the MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
>
>i've followed the instruction on installing php.
> i know apache works.
>php works.  i get the phpinfo call to return results
>postgres works.  i have created a database and tables, i just don't gre
>php and postgres to work together.  i'm looking for someone who has this
>working who can help me out.
>
>thanks.
>
>reiner

* Gary B. Hoffman, Computing Services Manager  e-mail: ghoffman@ucsd.edu *
* Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS) *
* University of California, San Diego (UCSD)       voice: (858) 534-1989 *
* 9500 Gilman Dr.  MC 0519                           fax: (858) 534-3939 *
* La Jolla, CA 92093-0519 USA                 web: http://irps.ucsd.edu/ *

Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)

От
Дата:
ok, thanks.  so far so good.  it now seems that i need to upgrade my
postgresql install  i have 7.3.4  i get a connect error where i try to
connect to the database from a simple php script.  the documentation says
i need posqtgresql 7.4

so when i run configure i get this error
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

i find no conftest.c or confdefs.h(see below)
am i missing something here ?

here is the segment from the config.log

configure:1986: checking for C compiler default output
configure:1989: gcc    conftest.c /Library/headers >&5
gcc: /Library/headers: No such file or directory
configure:1992: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 1963 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{

  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:2019: error: C compiler cannot create executables

reiner