Обсуждение: Connection Error

Connection Error

От
"JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN"
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying to develop a graphical and statistical interface wiht PHP and
Postgresql, however it seems is not possible to connect properly to the
database i have creates. Everytime i try to connect to my database i receive
the following message at the PHP interface:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Untitled.php on line 8

I installed php-5.0.5-Win32.zip and PostgreSQL8.0, them both are installed
in my PC (win2000) wich have been configured as a server. What the problem
could be?

Thanks for your answers
Juan

Re: Connection Error

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Sep 12, 2005, at 9:02 AM, JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN wrote:

> I am trying to develop a graphical and statistical interface wiht
> PHP and Postgresql, however it seems is not possible to connect
> properly to the database i have creates. Everytime i try to connect
> to my database i receive the following message at the PHP interface:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in c:\Inetpub
> \wwwroot\Untitled.php on line 8
>
> I installed php-5.0.5-Win32.zip and PostgreSQL8.0, them both are
> installed in my PC (win2000) wich have been configured as a server.
> What the problem could be?

Windows comes with lots of modules precompiled but they are not
enabled by default. Look at your php.ini file and make sure the
PostgreSQL module is enabled. You should find the line below; just
remove the leading ";".

;extension=php_pgsql.dll

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL

Re: Connection Error

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
JUAN ERNESTO FLORES BELTRAN wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to develop a graphical and statistical interface wiht PHP
> and Postgresql, however it seems is not possible to connect properly
> to the database i have creates. Everytime i try to connect to my
> database i receive the following message at the PHP interface:
>
> Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect() in
> c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Untitled.php on line 8

You don't have the pgsql.dll extension enabled in the php.ini.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake