Обсуждение: Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter

Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter

От
"Partners Majolee Infotech"
Дата:
Hello All,

We have a pl/pgsql function functionName(date) .. here if it has been called using functionName('23456') it gives error .. we need to raise an exception(customized error message) if the passed value is not date.. how can we do that.

Thanks..

Make sure YOUR emails don't get lost! Download Mailinfo here

Re: Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Partners Majolee Infotech wrote:

> We have a pl/pgsql function functionName(date) .. here if it has
> been called using functionName('23456') it gives error .. we need
> to raise an exception(customized error message) if the passed value
> is not date.. how can we do that.

You can add a function with the same name that accepts a text
parameter instead of a date. Then check the date and call your
functionName(date) function or raise your custom exception if the
date is invalid.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL