Обсуждение: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
Jeff Ross
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm looking at moving some code away from the long deprecated PEAR::DB
but I want to move to the standard php Postgresql functions and not
another database abstraction layer like MDB2 or ADODB or even PDO.  This
specific project will never use anything but PostgreSQL as its database.

Does anyone know of an open source php based project that I might look
through to see some sample code a little more complex than the examples
in the php documentation?

Thanks,

Jeff Ross

Re: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
Vincent
Дата:
On 21-11-13 17:43, Jeff Ross wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at moving some code away from the long deprecated PEAR::DB
> but I want to move to the standard php Postgresql functions and not
> another database abstraction layer like MDB2 or ADODB or even PDO.
> This specific project will never use anything but PostgreSQL as its
> database.
>
> Does anyone know of an open source php based project that I might look
> through to see some sample code a little more complex than the
> examples in the php documentation?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Ross

PDO is pretty much standard PHP these days, allthough I don't like it
much myself.
Why not write a simple class that does the database access for you? All
you really need is a method that
executes the query and either returns the result or throws an exception
when something goes wrong.
Anything ready-made is going to be a DAL, because that's what works best
and it's easier to maintain.

Re: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:

You should try POMM: http://pomm.coolkeums.org/

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
Jeff Ross
Дата:
On 11/21/13, 10:52 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 09:43 -0700, Jeff Ross wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking at moving some code away from the long deprecated PEAR::DB
>> but I want to move to the standard php Postgresql functions and not
>> another database abstraction layer like MDB2 or ADODB or even PDO.  This
>> specific project will never use anything but PostgreSQL as its database.
>>
>> Does anyone know of an open source php based project that I might look
>> through to see some sample code a little more complex than the examples
>> in the php documentation?
>>
> You should try POMM: http://pomm.coolkeums.org/

Nice--I'll take a look at that.

Thanks!

Re: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Nov 21, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Jeff Ross <jross@wykids.org> wrote:

> Does anyone know of an open source php based project that I might look through to see some sample code a little more
complexthan the examples in the php documentation?

Not a project, but this is a simple abstraction that allows you to call Postgres functions as if they were PHP methods.

http://pgedit.com/resource/php/pgfuncall

John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Re: Open source project using php PostgreSQL functions?

От
Jeff Ross
Дата:
On 11/22/13, 10:57 AM, John DeSoi wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2013, at 10:43 AM, Jeff Ross <jross@wykids.org> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of an open source php based project that I might look through to see some sample code a little more
complexthan the examples in the php documentation?
> Not a project, but this is a simple abstraction that allows you to call Postgres functions as if they were PHP
methods.

> http://pgedit.com/resource/php/pgfuncall
>

> John DeSoi, Ph.D.

Very interesting--thanks!  I'll have to also look at the TextMate editor.

Jeff