Обсуждение: init script for pgpool

init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
Дата:
Can you fix init script for pgpool in repository?
In mainstream start/stop issues fixed 28.05.2014:

> $SU -l $PGPOOLUSER -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF -m fast stop" >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null

But yum repo have old init-script:

> killproc /usr/bin/pgpool

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 06:00, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> Can you fix init script for pgpool in repository?
> In mainstream start/stop issues fixed 28.05.2014:
>
>> $SU -l $PGPOOLUSER -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF -m fast stop" >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null
>
> But yum repo have old init-script:
>
>> killproc /usr/bin/pgpool
>

> --

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi Jeff,

On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 21:20 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> I'll take a look at this tomorrow.

Thanks! For the records, upstream init script is here:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/redh
at/pgpool.init;hb=HEAD

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
So generally speaking we’ve diverged because we tack on the -<pgversion> number on the binary locations, so we can’t
justgrab the pgpool-2 community scripts and use them.  Do you think we need to do that? Is that so we can install
multipleversions side by side?

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 10:27 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Mon, 2015-09-14 at 21:20 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
>> I'll take a look at this tomorrow.
>
> Thanks! For the records, upstream init script is here:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/redh
> at/pgpool.init;hb=HEAD
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR
>

> --

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi Jeff,

On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 17:28 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> So generally speaking we’ve diverged because we tack on the
> -<pgversion> number on the binary locations, so we can’t just grab
> the pgpool-2 community scripts and use them.  Do you think we need to
> do that? Is that so we can install multiple versions side by side?

I sent the link just for a reference to replace killproc --other than
that, you are correct. We will keep our script as is, except the bugs.

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 01:25, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>

> Hi Jeff,
>
>> On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 17:28 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
>> So generally speaking we’ve diverged because we tack on the
>> -<pgversion> number on the binary locations, so we can’t just grab
>> the pgpool-2 community scripts and use them.  Do you think we need to
>> do that? Is that so we can install multiple versions side by side?
>
> I sent the link just for a reference to replace killproc --other than
> that, you are correct. We will keep our script as is, except the bugs.

Ok, sounds good. I'll fix it up. I also want to fix the whitespace because it's mixed with different indentation
levels.Do you have a preference for 2 or 4 space indents?

> Cheers,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2015-09-16 at 08:18 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> Ok, sounds good. I'll fix it up. I also want to fix the whitespace
> because it's mixed with different indentation levels. Do you have a
> preference for 2 or 4 space indents?

Nope, we don't have a policy.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Andrew, I’ve pushed updates to jf/pgpool_fixes branch in the pgrpms project.

Would you like to test the init script for us before we merge it to master?

> On Sep 14, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> Can you fix init script for pgpool in repository?
> In mainstream start/stop issues fixed 28.05.2014:
>
>> $SU -l $PGPOOLUSER -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF -m fast stop" >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null
>
> But yum repo have old init-script:
>
>> killproc /usr/bin/pgpool
>

> --

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
Дата:
You forget $pidfile and $PGPOOLUSER and some more comments.

Check script in attach. I'm tested in my centos-6 and pgpool-II-92.

Вложения

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Nice catch!  I found a couple other things as well, so here’s an updated version:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

It seems to work in my vagrant, so let me know if it works for you and I’ll get it merged, then the next time we build,
we’llhave it in the repo.

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 5:40 AM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> You forget $pidfile and $PGPOOLUSER and some more comments.
>
> Check script in attach. I'm tested in my centos-6 and pgpool-II-92.<pgpool.init>
> --

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Jeff,

Can you please update the changelog inside the script, too?

Cheers, Devrim

On September 18, 2015 8:17:50 PM GMT+03:00, Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> wrote:
[...]

Дата:
Sure!  Do you think just v 2.4?

On Sep 18, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

[...]

Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 10:33 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> Sure!  Do you think just v 2.4?

Let's make it 3.4, so that it matches pgpool version as well.

Cheers,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
Дата:
You load /etc/sysconfig/pgpool file _before_ you set variables like PGPOOLUSER and other.
Also you set PGPOOLUSER but run commands with hardcoded `postgres' user:
> $SU -l postgres -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF $OPTS & " >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null

Please, look at my script i'v posted today.

18.09.2015, 20:17, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
> Nice catch! I found a couple other things as well, so here’s an updated version:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

> It seems to work in my vagrant, so let me know if it works for you and I’ll get it merged, then the next time we
build,we’ll have it in the repo.

>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 5:40 AM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>
>>  You forget $pidfile and $PGPOOLUSER and some more comments.
>>
>>  Check script in attach. I'm tested in my centos-6 and pgpool-II-92.<pgpool.init>
>>  --
>
> ---
> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
> FAX: 415-762-5122
> http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> You load /etc/sysconfig/pgpool file _before_ you set variables like PGPOOLUSER and other.
> Also you set PGPOOLUSER but run commands with hardcoded `postgres' user:
>> $SU -l postgres -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF $OPTS & " >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null
>
> Please, look at my script i'v posted today.
>
> 18.09.2015, 20:17, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>> Nice catch! I found a couple other things as well, so here’s an updated version:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>> It seems to work in my vagrant, so let me know if it works for you and I’ll get it merged, then the next time we
build,we’ll have it in the repo.

>>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 5:40 AM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>  You forget $pidfile and $PGPOOLUSER and some more comments.
>>>
>>>  Check script in attach. I'm tested in my centos-6 and pgpool-II-92.<pgpool.init>
>>>  --
>>
>> ---
>> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>> FAX: 415-762-5122
>> http://www.pgexperts.com/

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Could you use diff -b so it doesn’t show lines with just whitespace different?

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> And again.
>
> https://bpaste.net/show/20ee48a0fc81
>
> Diff with your script and my (with little cosmetic changes from previous version).
>

> 18.09.2015, 23:45, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>  You load /etc/sysconfig/pgpool file _before_ you set variables like PGPOOLUSER and other.
>>>  Also you set PGPOOLUSER but run commands with hardcoded `postgres' user:
>>>
>>>  Please, look at my script i'v posted today.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

build,we’ll have it in the repo.

>> ---
>> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>> FAX: 415-762-5122
>> http://www.pgexperts.com/

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
This should address all your concerns:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 3:26 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> git diff -b: https://bpaste.net/show/89b37acb8f0a
>
> Removed `switch' action, because not supported at least from 3.3.3, where init-script changed in upstream;
>
> Every call stop/start/reload with correct calls and use variable `$PGPOOLUSER'
> Removed unhandled arguments from `failure' and `success' function calls;
> Cleanup useless commands and exit's.
>
> Every line aligned with tabs;
>
> Version in comment is 3.4 as proposed Devrim.
>
> 19.09.2015, 00:50, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>>  Could you use diff -b so it doesn’t show lines with just whitespace different?
>>
>>>   On Sep 18, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>   And again.
>>>
>>>   https://bpaste.net/show/20ee48a0fc81
>>>
>>>   Diff with your script and my (with little cosmetic changes from previous version).
>>>
>>>   18.09.2015, 23:45, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

webuild, we’ll have it in the repo.

>>  ---
>>  Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>>  CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>>  Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>>  FAX: 415-762-5122
>>  http://www.pgexperts.com/

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Merged.

It’ll show up in the repo the next time we build packages.

> On Sep 18, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>
> Awesome! Thanks!
>
> 19.09.2015, 02:00, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>> This should address all your concerns:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 3:26 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>>
>>>  git diff -b: https://bpaste.net/show/89b37acb8f0a
>>>
>>>  Removed `switch' action, because not supported at least from 3.3.3, where init-script changed in upstream;
>>>
>>>  Every call stop/start/reload with correct calls and use variable `$PGPOOLUSER'
>>>  Removed unhandled arguments from `failure' and `success' function calls;
>>>  Cleanup useless commands and exit's.
>>>
>>>  Every line aligned with tabs;
>>>
>>>  Version in comment is 3.4 as proposed Devrim.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

timewe build, we’ll have it in the repo.

>> ---
>> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>> FAX: 415-762-5122
>> http://www.pgexperts.com/

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
Дата:
And again.

https://bpaste.net/show/20ee48a0fc81

Diff with your script and my (with little cosmetic changes from previous version).

18.09.2015, 23:45, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>
>>  You load /etc/sysconfig/pgpool file _before_ you set variables like PGPOOLUSER and other.
>>  Also you set PGPOOLUSER but run commands with hardcoded `postgres' user:
>>>  $SU -l postgres -c "$PGPOOLDAEMON -f $PGPOOLCONF $OPTS & " >> "$PGPOOLLOG" 2>&1 < /dev/null
>>
>>  Please, look at my script i'v posted today.
>>
>>  18.09.2015, 20:17, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>>>  Nice catch! I found a couple other things as well, so here’s an updated version:

 http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>>>  It seems to work in my vagrant, so let me know if it works for you and I’ll get it merged, then the next time we
build,we’ll have it in the repo.

>>>  ---
>>>  Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>>>  CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>>>  Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>>>  FAX: 415-762-5122
>>>  http://www.pgexperts.com/
>
> ---
> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
> FAX: 415-762-5122
> http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
git diff -b: https://bpaste.net/show/89b37acb8f0a

Removed `switch' action, because not supported at least from 3.3.3, where init-script changed in upstream;

Every call stop/start/reload with correct calls and use variable `$PGPOOLUSER'
Removed unhandled arguments from `failure' and `success' function calls;
Cleanup useless commands and exit's.

Every line aligned with tabs;

Version in comment is 3.4 as proposed Devrim.

19.09.2015, 00:50, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>  Could you use diff -b so it doesn’t show lines with just whitespace different?
>
>>   On Sep 18, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>
>>   And again.
>>
>>   https://bpaste.net/show/20ee48a0fc81
>>
>>   Diff with your script and my (with little cosmetic changes from previous version).
>>
>>   18.09.2015, 23:45, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:

  http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

webuild, we’ll have it in the repo.

>>>   ---
>>>   Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>>>   CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>>>   Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>>>   FAX: 415-762-5122
>>>   http://www.pgexperts.com/
>
>  ---
>  Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>  CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>  Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>  FAX: 415-762-5122
>  http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Andrew N Golovkov
Дата:
Awesome! Thanks!

19.09.2015, 02:00, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
> This should address all your concerns:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

>>  On Sep 18, 2015, at 3:26 PM, Andrew N Golovkov <andor000@ya.ru> wrote:
>>
>>  git diff -b: https://bpaste.net/show/89b37acb8f0a
>>
>>  Removed `switch' action, because not supported at least from 3.3.3, where init-script changed in upstream;
>>
>>  Every call stop/start/reload with correct calls and use variable `$PGPOOLUSER'
>>  Removed unhandled arguments from `failure' and `success' function calls;
>>  Cleanup useless commands and exit's.
>>
>>  Every line aligned with tabs;
>>
>>  Version in comment is 3.4 as proposed Devrim.
>>
>>  19.09.2015, 00:50, "Jeff Frost" <jeff@pgexperts.com>:
>>>   Could you use diff -b so it doesn’t show lines with just whitespace different?

   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

    http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=blob_plain;f=rpm/redhat/9.2/pgpool-II/EL-6/pgpool.init;hb=jf/pgpool_fixes_3

timewe build, we’ll have it in the repo.

>>>   ---
>>>   Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
>>>   CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
>>>   Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
>>>   FAX: 415-762-5122
>>>   http://www.pgexperts.com/
>
> ---
> Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
> CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
> Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
> FAX: 415-762-5122
> http://www.pgexperts.com/

Re: init script for pgpool

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2015-09-18 at 18:27 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> Merged.

Thanks!
> It’ll show up in the repo the next time we build packages.

Just pushed them to 9.4, 9.3, 9.2 and 9.1 repos. Thanks again for the
patch.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ