Обсуждение: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От
"Tegge, Bernd"
Дата:
Sorry I didn't have this ready in time for the 7.1 release, but I was rather
busy in march, and during that time the QNX partition on my home system got
trashed ...

I still had one non reproducible segfault when I interrupted a
'make installcheck' and I had to remove the shared memory file
'/dev/shmem/SysV_Sem_Info' once before initdb would work, so there
may be still some problem with the semaphore implementation.

After several requests I have put up a binary for download at
http://pweb.uunet.de/tegge.h/postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz

Short installation instructions:
- install as root with
   # cd / ; etc/install -u postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
- create a user and group postgres
- chown the files in /usr/local/psql to user/group postgres.
   # chown postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
   # chown -R postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
- add /usr/local/pgsql/bin to your path
- su to user postgres, run /usr/local/pgsql/initdb
- run 'postmaster -i >/usr/local/pgsql/postmaster.log &'

Postgres on qnx4 should now be operational.

--
Bernd Tegge                  mailto:tegge@repas-aeg.de
Tel: ++49-511-87449-12       repas AEG Automation GmbH

Вложения

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
I looked this over and it looks safe for 7.1.1.  Only QNX changes are
made.  Can someone confirm?  If no one confirms it is save, I will keep
it for 7.2.

> Sorry I didn't have this ready in time for the 7.1 release, but I was rather
> busy in march, and during that time the QNX partition on my home system got
> trashed ...
>
> I still had one non reproducible segfault when I interrupted a
> 'make installcheck' and I had to remove the shared memory file
> '/dev/shmem/SysV_Sem_Info' once before initdb would work, so there
> may be still some problem with the semaphore implementation.
>
> After several requests I have put up a binary for download at
> http://pweb.uunet.de/tegge.h/postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
>
> Short installation instructions:
> - install as root with
>    # cd / ; etc/install -u postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
> - create a user and group postgres
> - chown the files in /usr/local/psql to user/group postgres.
>    # chown postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
>    # chown -R postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
> - add /usr/local/pgsql/bin to your path
> - su to user postgres, run /usr/local/pgsql/initdb
> - run 'postmaster -i >/usr/local/pgsql/postmaster.log &'
>
> Postgres on qnx4 should now be operational.
>
> --
> Bernd Tegge                  mailto:tegge@repas-aeg.de
> Tel: ++49-511-87449-12       repas AEG Automation GmbH
> Fax: ++49-511-87449-20       GS Hannover, Germany

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Tegge, Bernd writes:

> Postgres on qnx4 should now be operational.

Can you fix the compiler installation so you won't need the weird
-I/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-qnx4/egcs-2.91.60/include/g++ option
anymore?

Also, can you check the comment in src/backend/bootstrap/Makefile, "qnx4's
wlink currently crashes with bootstrap.o".  Is this fixed?

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

Дата:
> I looked this over and it looks safe for 7.1.1.  Only QNX changes are
> made.  Can someone confirm?

No!  It also reverts my 1.91 changes in s_lock.h.  Please correct the
patch to not do that.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> I looked this over and it looks safe for 7.1.1.  Only QNX changes are
> made.  Can someone confirm?  If no one confirms it is save, I will keep
> it for 7.2.

The patch for plpgsql/Makefile is unnecessary.  The patch for
pg_regress.sh should be taken out as well.  If someone wants to run the
parallel regression tests he can install a real shell.

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
OK, there have been enough comments that I will wait for an updated
patch.

> Sorry I didn't have this ready in time for the 7.1 release, but I was rather
> busy in march, and during that time the QNX partition on my home system got
> trashed ...
>
> I still had one non reproducible segfault when I interrupted a
> 'make installcheck' and I had to remove the shared memory file
> '/dev/shmem/SysV_Sem_Info' once before initdb would work, so there
> may be still some problem with the semaphore implementation.
>
> After several requests I have put up a binary for download at
> http://pweb.uunet.de/tegge.h/postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
>
> Short installation instructions:
> - install as root with
>    # cd / ; etc/install -u postgres.qnx4bin.7.1.tgz
> - create a user and group postgres
> - chown the files in /usr/local/psql to user/group postgres.
>    # chown postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
>    # chown -R postgres:postgres /usr/local/psql
> - add /usr/local/pgsql/bin to your path
> - su to user postgres, run /usr/local/pgsql/initdb
> - run 'postmaster -i >/usr/local/pgsql/postmaster.log &'
>
> Postgres on qnx4 should now be operational.
>
> --
> Bernd Tegge                  mailto:tegge@repas-aeg.de
> Tel: ++49-511-87449-12       repas AEG Automation GmbH
> Fax: ++49-511-87449-20       GS Hannover, Germany

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Patches for 7.1 on QNX4

Дата:
> ... The patch for
> pg_regress.sh should be taken out as well.  If someone wants to run the
> parallel regression tests he can install a real shell.

Fine with me (it's a mighty ugly patch) but if we treat it that way
then FAQ_QNX4 had best mention that the parallel regress tests do not
work without <some shell>.  Compare FAQ_HPUX.

            regards, tom lane