Обсуждение: pgsql-7.4.1 build on darwin-x86

pgsql-7.4.1 build on darwin-x86

От
Chris Langlois
Дата:
Ran all regression tests, and the result: All 93 tests passed.  No
regression.diffs created.  I can forward all the results files that are
created.  Just had to modify the src/include/ports/darwin.h with the
additions (+) noted:

#define __darwin__      1

#if defined(__ppc__)
#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET
#endif

+#if defined(__i386__)
+#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET
+#endif

#if defined(__ppc__)
typedef unsigned int slock_t;

#else
typedef unsigned char slock_t;

#endif

Re: pgsql-7.4.1 build on darwin-x86

Дата:
Chris Langlois <clanglois@mac.com> writes:
> Ran all regression tests, and the result: All 93 tests passed.

Cool.

> Just had to modify the src/include/ports/darwin.h with the
> additions (+) noted:

> +#if defined(__i386__)
> +#define HAS_TEST_AND_SET
> +#endif

This should be irrelevant as of CVS tip, because Bruce did some work to
decouple the CPU-specific spinlock assumptions from the OS-specific
assumptions.  The __i386__ spinlock code will now trigger no matter
which OS you use.  Or at least that's the theory --- can you download
CVS tip or a nightly snapshot and confirm it works on your platform?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-7.4.1 build on darwin-x86

От
Chris Langlois
Дата:
Didn't specify in the previous message, but the version of Darwin is
7.0.1.

The latest nightly snapshot built successfully and, "All 94 tests
passed.".

Great job, Tom, Peter, Bruce, et al!

Keep up the excellent work!