Обсуждение: RE: [SQL] plpgsql error

RE: [SQL] plpgsql error

От
Michael J Davis
Дата:
Gets my vote.  Should we also consider doing this for Perl too?  I turn them
all on in my installation.  I don't use either Perl or TCL yet but want to
make sure they are available if 1) I ever want to or 2) a need arises that
is would be better suited to either Perl or TCL.

Thanks, Michael D.
-----Original Message-----From:    jwieck@debis.com [SMTP:jwieck@debis.com]Sent:    Tuesday, May 11, 1999 1:35 AMTo:
alewis@themecca.netCc:   apendleton@vgsinc.com; pgsql-sql@hub.orgSubject:    Re: [SQL] plpgsql error

>> Edit:
/usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.4.2/src/pl/plpgsql/src/mklang.sql>> Change: as '${exec_prefix}/lib/plpgsql.so'> to: as
'/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so'>>Then: psql your_db < mklang.sql>> This should really be part of the documentation as
Iwasted two

days on> this same problem a few weeks back.
    And this became IMHO an FAQ. Should we avoid it by installing    PL/pgSQL and PL/Tcl (if built) by default  in  the
template1    database  during  intidb?   Installing  it in template1 would    have the  effect  that  it  will  be
available after  every    createdb.

Jan
--

#======================================================================## It's easier to get forgiveness for being
wrongthan for being

right. ## Let's break this rule - forgive me.
##======================================== jwieck@debis.com (Jan
Wieck) #

Re: [SQL] plpgsql error

От
jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
Michael J Davis wrote:

> Gets my vote.  Should we also consider doing this for Perl too?  I turn them
> all on in my installation.  I don't use either Perl or TCL yet but want to
> make sure they are available if 1) I ever want to or 2) a need arises that
> is would be better suited to either Perl or TCL.
>
>        And this became IMHO an FAQ. Should we avoid it by installing
>        PL/pgSQL and PL/Tcl (if built) by default  in  the  template1
>        database  during  intidb?   Installing  it in template1 would
>        have the  effect  that  it  will  be  available  after  every
>        createdb.

    I  only  spoke about installing the procedural languages that
    got built (due to the config options used) by default in  the
    template1  database.  NOT  to  turn  on the config options by
    default.

Jan