Обсуждение: Datetime as a time_t?

Datetime as a time_t?

От
Ryan Bradetich
Дата:
Hello,

Does anyone know how to extract a datetime field as a time_t?
My understanding is that PostgreSQL stores dates internally
as a time_t, but I have not figured out how to extract them in
that format.

I have looked at the casting, and the set datestyles so far.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Ryan

P.S. I am using PostgreSQL 6.5.3

Re: Datetime as a time_t?

От
Michael Fork
Дата:
I have done the following to return a datetime field in unix form:

select datepart('epoch', datetime) from table;

Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Ryan Bradetich wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to extract a datetime field as a time_t?
> My understanding is that PostgreSQL stores dates internally
> as a time_t, but I have not figured out how to extract them in
> that format.
>
> I have looked at the casting, and the set datestyles so far.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ryan
>
> P.S. I am using PostgreSQL 6.5.3

Re: Datetime as a time_t?

Дата:
Ryan Bradetich <ryan_bradetich@hp.com> writes:
> Does anyone know how to extract a datetime field as a time_t?

date_part('epoch', ...);

Not exactly the first thing you'd think to try, but it works.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Datetime as a time_t?

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
At 10:27 AM 4/06/00 -0600, Ryan Bradetich wrote:
>Does anyone know how to extract a datetime field as a time_t?
>My understanding is that PostgreSQL stores dates internally
>as a time_t, but I have not figured out how to extract them in
>that format.
abstime(datetime_field)::int8

works for both datetime and timestamp fields.

Frank