Обсуждение: work on some tables in the same time.

work on some tables in the same time.

От
Jerome Raupach
Дата:
I want to execute this query on some table2 in the same time :

INSERT INTO table2_n(f1, f2, f3)SELECT DISTINCT f1, f2, f3 FROM table1_n ;

CREATE TABLE table1_1( INT2 f1, INT2 f2, INT2 f3, INT2 f4 );
CREATE TABLE table1_2( INT2 f1, INT2 f2, INT2 f3, INT2 f4 );

CREATE TABLE table2_1( INT2 f1, INT2 f2, INT2 f3 );
CREATE TABLE table2_2( INT2 f1, INT2 f2, INT2 f3 );

Anyone can help me ?
Thanks in advance.

Jerome.

Re: work on some tables in the same time.

От
Ian Turner
Дата:

Re: work on some tables in the same time.

От
Jerome Raupach
Дата:
Thanks, but:

testdb=#CREATE VIEW tableselecttemp AS SELECT DISTINCT f1, f2, f3 FROM
table1_n;
ERROR:  DISTINCT not supported in views

Jerome.

Ian Turner wrote:

Re: work on some tables in the same time.

От
Ian Turner
Дата:

Re: work on some tables in the same time.

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
I'm assuming you want "n" to be replaced by the numbers up to
the last one where there is a table1_n and table2_n, right?

I'd suggest looking and PL/TCL (or if you can wait for 7.1, you
can probably do it in PL/PGSQL as well with the new exec stuff.)
and writing a function that does the inserts for you.

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com