Обсуждение: postgres

postgres

От
Marc Daoust
Дата:
Hi,

I in the search for a DB that would work with our product and have been told
to have a look at postgres.  Would you be able to foward me any information on
your product and or point me to where I might be able to find some.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Marc

Re: postgres

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Mr. Daoust,
You have reached the PostgreSQL SQL developers mailing list.  We are
not PostgreSQL sales people, and we have no marketing information to
sell you.  Please have a clue.
I suggest that you try http://www.postgresql.org/ and
http://www.pgsql.com/ for more information.
                -Josh Berkus
--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 436-9166  for law firms, small

Re: postgres

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On 13 Dec 2000, Marc Daoust wrote:

> I in the search for a DB that would work with our product and have been told
> to have a look at postgres.  Would you be able to foward me any information on
> your product and or point me to where I might be able to find some.

You should start with www.postgresql.org

-- Brett                                    http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
So, is the glass half empty, half full, or just twice as
large as it needs to be?

Re: postgres

От
Joseph Shraibman
Дата:
"Brett W. McCoy" wrote:

> On 13 Dec 2000, Marc Daoust wrote:
>
> > I in the search for a DB that would work with our product and have been told
> > to have a look at postgres.  Would you be able to foward me any information on
> > your product and or point me to where I might be able to find some.
>
> You should start with www.postgresql.org

I've been wondering for a long time how people manage to find the
mailing list without finding the web site.   On the blackdown mailing
list (blackdown.org ports the jdk to linux) people ask where they can
get a jdk for linux.  How did they find the list without knowing about
blackdown?

--
Joseph Shraibman
jks@selectacast.net

Re: postgres

От
John Hasler
Дата:
Joseph Shraibman writes:
> I've been wondering for a long time how people manage to find the mailing
> list without finding the web site.

They do a Web search on 'postgres' and get a zillion hits on articles in
the list archive.  They then look at the first article and pull the address
out of that.  They never notice where the article came from.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org

Re: postgres

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:44:55PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Mr. Daoust,
>
>     You have reached the PostgreSQL SQL developers mailing list.  We are
> not PostgreSQL sales people, and we have no marketing information to
> sell you.  Please have a clue.
Errr... forgive me, but maybe we could be help the PostgreSQL team by
kindly directing people to their corporate website, so they can purchase
services that are going to fund the project.As long as the project is happy I am happy.
Just some thoughts.
-Roberto

--
Computer Science            Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory        Web Developer

Re: postgres

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 04:44:55PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Mr. Daoust,
> >
> >     You have reached the PostgreSQL SQL developers mailing list.  We are
> > not PostgreSQL sales people, and we have no marketing information to
> > sell you.  Please have a clue.
>
>     Errr... forgive me, but maybe we could be help the PostgreSQL team by
> kindly directing people to their corporate website, so they can purchase
> services that are going to fund the project.
>     As long as the project is happy I am happy.

My guess is that corporate support is mostly for serious PostgreSQL
users, not new people.

Pennsylvania19026