Обсуждение: question on SELECT

question on SELECT

От
Howard Hiew
Дата:
Hi,
I would like to know what is the sql statement that list all the tables
name.

For example in Oracle,
'SELECT TABLE_NAME from ALL_TABLES where owner="Oracle" ';

What is the statement for Postgres?
Thank you

Best Regards,
Howard
CIM/MASTEC
Tel:(65)8605283

Re: question on SELECT

От
kumar1@home.com (Prasanth A. Kumar)
Дата:
Howard Hiew <howard@cim.mastec.com.sg> writes:

> Hi,
> I would like to know what is the sql statement that list all the tables
> name.
>
> For example in Oracle,
> 'SELECT TABLE_NAME from ALL_TABLES where owner="Oracle" ';
>
> What is the statement for Postgres?
> Thank you
>
> Best Regards,
> Howard
> CIM/MASTEC
> Tel:(65)8605283

You can do '\dt' to list all tables. There is also a system table
'pg_tables' which you can use if you like to do a select instead. DoSELECT tablename FROM pg_tables where
tableowner='postgres';

--
Prasanth Kumar
kumar1@home.com