Обсуждение: `~' operator and indices

`~' operator and indices

От
Artur Rataj
Дата:
Hello,

I would like to ask you why do `~' gives the following results,
if there is an index on `string':

select string from indextbk_fti_fkey where string ~ '^IE';string
--------
(0 rows)

select string from indextbk_fti_fkey where string ~ '^IECIA';string
--------IECIA
(1 row)

`E' here is a polish letter. I have set locale to `pl_PL' before
starting postgres.

Best regards

Artur Rataj

Re: `~' operator and indices

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
Hi, there,

Jie LIANG

Internet Products Inc.

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.ipinc.com

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Artur Rataj wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask you why do `~' gives the following results,
> if there is an index on `string':
>
> select string from indextbk_fti_fkey where string ~ '^IE';
===> try this:
where string ~ '^IE.*';