Обсуждение: pqReadData()

pqReadData()

От
Najm Hashmi
Дата:
Hi all,I was trying to simply update single field in one of my tables as given
below:
fliprdb=#  update artist set extrinfo='independent' where artist_id=6;
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
  before or while processing the request.

Anyone have idea where the problem is and how it can be fixed?
Thank you all in advance.
Regards.Najm

Re: pqReadData()

Дата:
Najm Hashmi <najm@mondo-live.com> writes:
> fliprdb=#  update artist set extrinfo='independent' where artist_id=6;
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Hmm.  Looks like you hit a backend crash :-(.  Hard to say more with
only this amount of info.  What PG version are you using?  What is
the table's declaration?  There should be a core file from the backend
crash, in $PGDATA/base/fliprdb/core --- can you get a backtrace from
it with gdb?
        regards, tom lane