Обсуждение: help

help

От
chard

help me pls.
i got an error like this when i do an insert to a table, my table dont
have bpchar type of field.

ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'bpchar' and 'varchar'       You will have to retype this query
usingan explicit cast

it seems 1 field in my table has bpchar type, but if i view the table
definition all are varchar and numeric.

Re: help

Дата:
chard <chard@hindang.msuiit.edu.ph> writes:
> i got an error like this when i do an insert to a table, my table dont
> have bpchar type of field.
> ERROR:  Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'bpchar' and 'varchar'
>         You will have to retype this query using an explicit cast
> it seems 1 field in my table has bpchar type, but if i view the table
> definition all are varchar and numeric.

I'll bet you have a foreign-key constraint between a varchar field and
a bpchar field in another table.
        regards, tom lane