Обсуждение: Postgresql to Access

Postgresql to Access

От
Mateusz Mazur
Дата:
Hello.

Could you help me? I have database in psql and my boss want to have this
base also is MS Access (only like client - main base will be psql). He wants
to use access like viewer to psql base. What should I do.

Big Thanx for any sugestion.

Mateusz Mazur

Re: Postgresql to Access

От
"Poul L. Christiansen"
Дата:
On the MS Access box you can install the PostgreSQL Windows ODBC drivers
that connect to the psql base.

In Access you can link to the PostgreSQL ODBC and the you have a link to
PostgreSQL from Access. You can the use the link (almost) like an
ordinary MS Access table.

Windows  ODBC drivers are available from www.greatbridge.org

HTH,
Poul L. Christiansen

Mateusz Mazur wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Could you help me? I have database in psql and my boss want to have this
> base also is MS Access (only like client - main base will be psql). He wants
> to use access like viewer to psql base. What should I do.
>
> Big Thanx for any sugestion.
>
> Mateusz Mazur

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Re: Postgresql to Access

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 03:43:30PM +0200, Mateusz Mazur wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Could you help me? I have database in psql and my boss want to have this
> base also is MS Access (only like client - main base will be psql). He wants
> to use access like viewer to psql base. What should I do.
Look at the article an http://techdocs.postgresql.org
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

I know a good tagline when I steal one.

Re: Postgresql to Access

От
Joel Burton
Дата:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Mateusz Mazur wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Could you help me? I have database in psql and my boss want to have this
> base also is MS Access (only like client - main base will be psql). He wants
> to use access like viewer to psql base. What should I do.

You can create a front-end using linked tables. Any good Access book will
walk through the basics of linked tables.

PostgreSQL-specific stuff is in a FAQ at www.scw.org/pgaccess

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>