Обсуждение: SET SEQSCAN TO OFF - error

SET SEQSCAN TO OFF - error

От
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Дата:
I have the command below like it is described in the documentation
(http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/force-index.html) but it doens't work.

SET SEQSCAN TO OFF;
ERROR:  'seqscan' is not a valid option name

Does anybody know why?
   Hans

Re: SET SEQSCAN TO OFF - error

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Hans-Jürgen Schönig writes:

> I have the command below like it is described in the documentation
> (http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/force-index.html) but it doens't work.
>
> SET SEQSCAN TO OFF;
> ERROR:  'seqscan' is not a valid option name
>
> Does anybody know why?

Because 'seqscan' is not a valid option name.  Maybe you mean
enable_seqscan.

Re: SET SEQSCAN TO OFF - error

От
Bruce Momjian
Дата:
> I have the command below like it is described in the documentation
> (http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/force-index.html) but it doens't work.
>
> SET SEQSCAN TO OFF;
> ERROR:  'seqscan' is not a valid option name
>

> Does anybody know why?

Try:
test=> set enable_seqscan to off;SET VARIABLE

Pennsylvania19026

Re: SET SEQSCAN TO OFF - error

От
Jeff Hoffmann
Дата:
Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

> I have the command below like it is described in the documentation
> (http://www.archonet.com/pgdocs/force-index.html) but it doens't work.
>
> SET SEQSCAN TO OFF;
> ERROR:  'seqscan' is not a valid option name
>
> Does anybody know why?

because the documentation is wrong.  the variable name is
ENABLE_SEQSCAN, i.e.:

SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO OFF;

should work.

--