Обсуждение: GRANT problem ?

GRANT problem ?

От
"GRIMOIS Eric"
Дата:
Hi

I get a error message when i do an INSERT in a table (Absence_jour)
containing a SERIAL field :

ERROR: absence_jour_id_seq.nextval: you don't have permissions to set
sequence absence_jour_id_seq

It fails (with PSQL and ODBC) when i connect as a simple user (gddtest), but
i granted all privileges on the table for him
with the command GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON Absence_jour TO gddtest  !
It works when i connect as a superuser (the user who created the table).

Hints (maybe) : PostgreSQL 7.2 compiled on AIX 4.2 with GCC 2.95.2

Thanks

Eric GRIMOIS
Analyste programmeur
SEI - CPAM du Val d'Oise

Re: GRANT problem ?

От
"PGMailList"
try :
grant all on absence_jour_id_seq TO gddtest ;

http://www.pgexplorer.com
GUI Postgesql Tool

> I get a error message when i do an INSERT in a table (Absence_jour)
> containing a SERIAL field :
>
> ERROR: absence_jour_id_seq.nextval: you don't have permissions to set
> sequence absence_jour_id_seq
>
> It fails (with PSQL and ODBC) when i connect as a simple user (gddtest),
but
> i granted all privileges on the table for him
> with the command GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON Absence_jour TO gddtest  !
> It works when i connect as a superuser (the user who created the table).
>
> Hints (maybe) : PostgreSQL 7.2 compiled on AIX 4.2 with GCC 2.95.2
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric GRIMOIS
> Analyste programmeur
> SEI - CPAM du Val d'Oise

Re: GRANT problem ?

От
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Дата:
On March 12, 2002 05:16 am, GRIMOIS Eric wrote:
> I get a error message when i do an INSERT in a table (Absence_jour)
> containing a SERIAL field :
>
> ERROR: absence_jour_id_seq.nextval: you don't have permissions to set
> sequence absence_jour_id_seq

You have to grant permissions on the sequences separately from the table.  It
used to work as expected but at some point it changed for some reason.  It
certainly is inconvenient especially if you were used to the previous
behaviour and wrote all you local tools based on it.

You can get a list of all sequences with the "\ds" command in psql.