Обсуждение: How to reset sequences on pre-7.1

How to reset sequences on pre-7.1

От
"Matteo Beccati"
Дата:
Hi,

I usually use a:

SELECT setval('seq_name', NULL);

to reset sequences, so the next time it's called it returns '1'. This
works in all Pg releases I've ever tested but 7.0.

On an hosted space that still has a 7.0 release candidate, this query
fails, telling me that I cannot use a 0 value.

Anybody knows how to reset sequences in this case?

Regards
--
Matteo Beccati
http://www.phpadsnew.com

Re: How to reset sequences on pre-7.1

Дата:
"Matteo Beccati" <m.beccati@crpsoftware.it> writes:
> I usually use a:

> SELECT setval('seq_name', NULL);

> to reset sequences, so the next time it's called it returns '1'. This
> works in all Pg releases I've ever tested but 7.0.

On all recent releases, that is a complete no-op, because setval() is
a strict function.  Better check what you were actually doing.
        regards, tom lane