Обсуждение: pg_dump problem

pg_dump problem

От
Rudi Starcevic
Дата:
Hi,

After doing a pg_dump on a database I'm unable to access the file.

My command is simply 'mv' ::

mv camper.dump20020116 camper_bak/

The error I get is ::

mv: camper.dump20020116: Value too large for defined data type

Strange. It seems to be saying the file I created is too large to handle.
Do you know where I've gone wrong ?
I just want to dump one of my databases, move it to a back up dir. then
make changes to the running database.

Thank you kindly
Regards
Rudi Starcevic

Re: pg_dump problem

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Rudi Starcevic wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After doing a pg_dump on a database I'm unable to access the file.
>
>My command is simply 'mv' ::
>
>mv camper.dump20020116 camper_bak/
>
>The error I get is ::
>
>mv: camper.dump20020116: Value too large for defined data type
>
>Strange. It seems to be saying the file I created is too large to handle.
>Do you know where I've gone wrong ?
>I just want to dump one of my databases, move it to a back up dir. then
>make changes to the running database.

It looks like you have not a postgres, but filesystem problem. How big is this file?
Anyway pg_dump can save filedump in gzip format, which is better for further backuping.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: pg_dump problem

От
Bhuvan A
Дата:
> mv camper.dump20020116 camper_bak/
>
> The error I get is ::
>
> mv: camper.dump20020116: Value too large for defined data type

It may not be a postgresql problem. It may be due to your filesystem. Try
the documentation or mailing list of your filesystem.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran