Обсуждение: how can i drop a constraint

how can i drop a constraint

От
rute solipa
Дата:
hello,

i've got some tables where constraints don't have an explicit name, how can
i drop them.

best regards,

rute

Re: how can i drop a constraint

От
Christoph Haller

> i've got some tables where constraints don't have an explicit name,
how can
> i drop them.

Refer to the system catalogs section within the documentation.
pg_relcheck keeps track of constraints.

Regards, Christoph

Re: how can i drop a constraint

От
Christoph Haller

> > i've got some tables where constraints don't have an explicit name,
> how can
> > i drop them.
> >

> Refer to the system catalogs section within the documentation.
> pg_relcheck keeps track of constraints.

More precisely

select relname , rcname from pg_class join pg_relcheck on (
pg_relcheck.rcrelid = pg_class.oid ) ;

Regards, Christoph

Re: how can i drop a constraint

От
Christoph Haller

> but with this query i only get the name from constraints type check ,
> need to get the names of all constraints types.

Not sure what exactly do you mean by this.
Have you done a SELECT * FROM pg_relcheck ;
to see what's all in there? Maybe an example would help.

> by the way, how can i disable constraints.

Within ALTER TABLE you can DROP constraints, I don't know if
there is a feature to temporarily disable constraints.

You should post to the list too. I'm not the expert on constraints.

Regards, Christoph