Обсуждение: connecting to a differnt DB in PL/pgSQL

connecting to a differnt DB in PL/pgSQL

От
friedrich nietzsche
Дата:
Hi all,
Is it possible to connect to another database within a
PL/PgSQL function?

I'm in a function on the "A" database and I need to
retrieve some information from a table in a different
Database "B"

may someone help me?

thanks, Danilo.
bye.

Yahoo! Cellulari: loghi, suonerie, picture message per il tuo telefonino
http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.mobile.yahoo.com/index2002.html

Re: connecting to a differnt DB in PL/pgSQL

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Uz.ytkownik friedrich nietzsche napisa?:
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to connect to another database within a
> PL/PgSQL function?
>
> I'm in a function on the "A" database and I need to
> retrieve some information from a table in a different
> Database "B"
>
> may someone help me?
>
> thanks, Danilo.
> bye.
You can't access another database even inside 1 server directly.
Find something about contrib/dblink - maybe it will help you.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: connecting to a differnt DB in PL/pgSQL

От
Franco Bruno Borghesi
Дата:
you should install dblink as Tomasz said. To do that:

cd ...../postgresql-7.3.2/contrib/dblink
gmake
gmake install

then you enter into psql to create the functions:
\i dblink.psql

then you try (change the params):

SELECT    *
FROM    dblink('host=localhost port=5432 dbname=franco user=admin password=1234',
'SELECT id, name FROM people')    AS (id INTEGER, people TEXT);

If you skip the values host, port, ..., the defaults will be used.
If it works in psql, it should work inside a function.

On Monday 14 April 2003 12:45, Tomasz Myrta wrote:
> Uz.ytkownik friedrich nietzsche napisa?:
> > Hi all,
> > Is it possible to connect to another database within a
> > PL/PgSQL function?
> >
> > I'm in a function on the "A" database and I need to
> > retrieve some information from a table in a different
> > Database "B"
> >
> > may someone help me?
> >
> > thanks, Danilo.
> > bye.
>
> You can't access another database even inside 1 server directly.
> Find something about contrib/dblink - maybe it will help you.
>
> Regards,
> Tomasz Myrta

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: connecting to a differnt DB in PL/pgSQL

От
friedrich nietzsche
Дата:
Avevo gia' risolto il come farlo,