Обсуждение: strange postgresql failure

strange postgresql failure

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
postgres[666]: [1] LOG:  server process (pid 3166) was terminated by
signal 11 postgres[666]: [2] LOG:  terminating any other active server processes postgres[806]: [591-1] WARNING:
Messagefrom PostgreSQL backend: postgres[806]: [591-2] ^IThe Postmaster has informed me that some

other backend billy postgres[806]: [591-3] ^Idied abnormally and possibly corrupted
shared memory. billy postgres[806]: [591-4] ^II have rolled back the current
transaction and am billy postgres[806]: [591-5] ^Igoing to terminate your database system
connection and exit. billy postgres[806]: [591-6] ^IPlease reconnect to the database system
and repeat your query.

After few seconds all backends were disconnected and postgres restarted.
It didn't help :-( Even reboot didn't help...

Postgres is  7.3.2-2 on Debian Woody.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: strange postgresql failure

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-10-30 12:32, Użytkownik Tomasz Myrta napisał:
> After few seconds all backends were disconnected and postgres restarted.
> It didn't help :-( Even reboot didn't help...
>
> Postgres is  7.3.2-2 on Debian Woody.

Sorry for my panic. It was my C function which raised segmentation fault.

Anyway it would be nice to have some human readable control over C
functions...

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: strange postgresql failure

От
Jan Wieck
Дата:
Tomasz Myrta wrote:

> Dnia 2003-10-30 12:32, Użytkownik Tomasz Myrta napisał:
>> After few seconds all backends were disconnected and postgres restarted.
>> It didn't help :-( Even reboot didn't help...
>>
>> Postgres is  7.3.2-2 on Debian Woody.
>
> Sorry for my panic. It was my C function which raised segmentation fault.
>
> Anyway it would be nice to have some human readable control over C
> functions...

There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

Jan

Re: strange postgresql failure

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-10-30 18:33, Użytkownik Jan Wieck napisał:
> There is, sort of ... it's called "core" and if your backend and C
> function shared object have been compiled with symbol information you
> can use a debugger to get a stack trace and look at variables. If that's
> not "human readable" ... well ... I suppose I'm not human.

I know I can load core into gdb...
I thought about some kind of message before postgres restarts. I read in
syslog that backend terminated with segmentation fault signal and
probably corrupted shared memory. It didn't help me to find what really
happened. I was wondering if it is possible to know the real reason of
restart and leave some message in syslog just before postgres restarts.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta