Обсуждение: Pgaccess problem

Pgaccess problem

От
"vijaykumar M"
Дата:
Hi All,
I am trying to install pgaccess on a redhat 7.2 linux server with
postgres7.4.  Everything seems to be alright but when I go to run pgaccess I
get an error message saying

Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
environment v
ariable
Error in startup script: invalid command name "image"   while executing
"image create bitmap dnarw -data  {
#define down_arrow_width 15
#define down_arrow_height 15
static char down_arrow_bits[] = {       0x00,0x80,0x00,0x80,0x0..."   (file "/usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 5)

Can anyone Offer any advice on this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Vijay

Stand out from the crowd. Make your own MMS cards. http://msn.migasia.cn/msn
Have some mobile masti!

Re: Pgaccess problem

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 16/12/2003 13:29 vijaykumar M wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to install pgaccess on a redhat 7.2 linux server with
> postgres7.4.  Everything seems to be alright but when I go to run
> pgaccess I get an error message saying
>
> Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
> environment v
> ariable
> Error in startup script: invalid command name "image"
>    while executing
> "image create bitmap dnarw -data  {
> #define down_arrow_width 15
> #define down_arrow_height 15
> static char down_arrow_bits[] = {
>        0x00,0x80,0x00,0x80,0x0..."
>    (file "/usr/local/pgaccess/main.tcl" line 5)
>
> Can anyone Offer any advice on this problem?

pgaccess is a TCL application. You need to be running under X.
--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |

Re: Pgaccess problem

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Tuesday 16 December 2003 13:29, vijaykumar M wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to install pgaccess on a redhat 7.2 linux server with
> postgres7.4.  Everything seems to be alright but when I go to run pgaccess
> I get an error message saying
>
> Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
> environment v
> ariable

It looks like it's complaining about not running under X. Are you trying to
start it from the console?

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd