Обсуждение: Error in declaring %rowtype for recurrence

Error in declaring %rowtype for recurrence

От
"Kumar"
Дата:
Dear Friends,

Postgres 7.3.4 on RH Linux 7.2

I am having an table name recurrence under the schema crm. While I refer it as %rowtype I have error msgs.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION crm.fn_rowtypetest() RETURNS varchar AS
'DECLARE
 rec_recurrence crm.recurrences%rowtype;
BEGIN
FOR rec_recurrence IN SELECT * FROM crm.recurrences LOOP
    RAISE NOTICE 'Hai';
END LOOP;
    RETURN 'DONE';
END;'
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

while I execute
select crm.fn_rowtypetest()

WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of fn_rowtypetest near line 0

ERROR:  cache lookup for type 0 of recurrences.........pg.dropped.16........ failed
The same function works if I declare that via an record type

 rec_recurrence record;  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Note the change here
BEGIN
FOR rec_recurrence IN SELECT * FROM crm.recurrences LOOP
    RAISE NOTICE 'Hai';
END LOOP;
    RETURN 'DONE';
END;'
  LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

Why is that so? Anyone can please clear me.

Regards
Kumar

Re: Error in declaring %rowtype for recurrence

Дата:
"Kumar" <sgnerd@yahoo.com.sg> writes:
> WARNING:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of fn_rowtypetest near line 0
> ERROR:  cache lookup for type 0 of recurrences.........pg.dropped.16.......=
> . failed

PG 7.4 is a little better at dealing with dropped columns in plpgsql
rowtypes.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Error in declaring %rowtype for recurrence

От
"Kumar"
Дата:
I am sorry. I didn't get you. Can u pls tell me more

Thanks
kumar