Обсуждение: UPDATE Trigger on multiple tables

UPDATE Trigger on multiple tables

От
Ferindo Middleton Jr
Дата:
Is it possible to have a single trigger on multiple tables
simultaneously? Example:

CREATE TRIGGER emp_cust_stamp BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON employees, customers   FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
last_updated_stamp();

I tried something like the above but get an error message at the comma. I tried using the keyword AND as well.
I couldn't find anything on this in the docs. I have many different tables in my databases which all have a
"last_updated" field and it seems less tedious to be able to enforce updating this trigger database-wide using
just one trigger. Is it possible?

Ferindo

Re: UPDATE Trigger on multiple tables

Дата:
Ferindo Middleton Jr <fmiddleton@verizon.net> writes:
> Is it possible to have a single trigger on multiple tables
> simultaneously? Example:

> CREATE TRIGGER emp_cust_stamp BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON employees, customers
>     FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE last_updated_stamp();

No.  You can use the same function for multiple triggers, but you have
to CREATE TRIGGER for each table separately.
        regards, tom lane

Re: UPDATE Trigger on multiple tables

От
Muralidharan Ramakrishnan
Дата:
Hi

  CREATE TRIGGER associates trigger function on a table and it is not possible to give more than one table seperated by comas.

  CREATE TRIGGER emp_cust_stamp BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON  customers
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE last_updated_stamp();
CREATE TRIGGER emp_cust_stamp BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON employees
FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE last_updated_stamp();

Regards,
R.Muralidharan

http://archives.postgresql.org