Обсуждение: join a lot of columns of two tables

join a lot of columns of two tables

От
ivan marchesini
Дата:
Dear Postgres Users,
I have 2 tables...
each one has a column called ID (primary keys of each table)
the values into each ID column are exactly the same.

each table has a lot of other columns (around 50 for each table)....

I would like to create a table containing the ID (only one column
obviously) and all the other columns of both tables...

a simple equi join for each column is simple but how can I join
completely the two table on the bases of the column ID???

probably it is a simple question but I don't know how to solve this very
simple problem quikly...  :-(
thanks

Ivan

--
Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .doc, .xls, .ppt, .dwg.
Preferisco formati liberi.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a
06125
Perugia (Italy)
e-mail: marchesini@unipg.it       ivan.marchesini@gmail.com
tel: +39(0)755853760
fax: +39(0)755853756
jabber: geoivan73@jabber.org

Re: join a lot of columns of two tables

От
"Peter Childs"
Дата:
On 14/12/06, ivan marchesini <marchesini@unipg.it> wrote:
> Dear Postgres Users,
> I have 2 tables...
> each one has a column called ID (primary keys of each table)
> the values into each ID column are exactly the same.
>
> each table has a lot of other columns (around 50 for each table)....
>
> I would like to create a table containing the ID (only one column
> obviously) and all the other columns of both tables...
>
> a simple equi join for each column is simple but how can I join
> completely the two table on the bases of the column ID???
>
> probably it is a simple question but I don't know how to solve this very
> simple problem quikly...  :-(
> thanks
>
> Ivan

select * from t1 full join t2 on (t1.id=t2.id);

you'll end up with the id column from both tables if you don't want
that you are going to need to list all the column names.

Peter.

Re: join a lot of columns of two tables

От
Ragnar
Дата:
On fim, 2006-12-14 at 12:01 +0100, ivan marchesini wrote:
> Dear Postgres Users,
> I have 2 tables...
> each one has a column called ID (primary keys of each table)
> the values into each ID column are exactly the same.
>
> each table has a lot of other columns (around 50 for each table)....
>
> I would like to create a table containing the ID (only one column
> obviously) and all the other columns of both tables...
>
> a simple equi join for each column is simple but how can I join
> completely the two table on the bases of the column ID???
>
> probably it is a simple question but I don't know how to solve this very
> simple problem quikly...  :-(
> thanks

select * from t1 join t2 USING (id);

gnari